Grow Journal - GSC/Sunset Sherbet Clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by primatime, Nov 9, 2017.

1. I have 2 clones, one Girl Scout Cookies and one Sunset Sherbet planted into 5gal of FFOF, under a 450W ViparSpectra LED. This is my 2nd go at growing so any tips and pointers are greatly appreciated.

In the beginning when i transplanted the clones, my light was pretty close to the plants and damaged some of the leaves, so some of them are burnt. I moved the light away and they seem to be doing better, aside from the burnt leaves slowly dying. I started feeding GH FloraMicro & FloraBloom yesterday according to Lucas Formula. The clones have been with me for nearly 2 weeks.

Tent Temp currently 76.3*/53% Humidity
    Light Cycle 18/6

GSC [​IMG]
    SHERBET [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. sorry buddy that's no burnt leaves

but dried leaf tips

due to the air being to warm and DRY

ensure you put a temp / RO gauge at plant height 65-75% is good

too dry add a dish of water

avoid dry leaves

as for the FFOF soil I add 25% perlite to the mix as this is a very 'hot' soil

which means later like you

I can add extra nutes with very little chance of burning the leaves

until then I take it real slow with them added nutes

nice too

good luck

3. I have a small dish of water in my tent to help with humidity but its not really doing much. For the most part my humidity is in the mid 40’s to low 50’s

4. Are you sure it couldnt be heat stress? Im less worried about the tips and more the larger dying fan leaves. None of the newer growth is showing the same signs. There are only 3 bad leaves total from both plants

What is ideal in terms of humidity? Im seriously considering adding another fan for intake. My tent is in my closet. Would lowering my exhaust on the speed controller help increase humidity?

5. I've ran seedlings in 40% humidity without having these problems. It doesn't look like light/heat stress either, it looks more like a combo of nute burn from the OF , and overwatering IMO

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ideal range for seedlings 60-70%
    Veg 50-60%, you can get away with 40%
    Flower 30-40% and can get away with 50% in optimal conditions

7. Sheesh. Well if the soil was giving them nute burn, then the nutrients i fed it last night are going to be real fun for them lmao. Since im apparently overwatering, at this size, how much water should i be giving them? Last night i gave them each a solo cup worth of nutrient solution

Also for what its worth, my last plant i tried to grow never showed any of these symptoms and it was in OF from seed. Are the clones more sensitive to nutrient burn?

8. How much perlite would i need to mix into 10gal of soil? I wanna buy some for future grows and for transplanting these clones later on

9. The soil is touchy, I've seen people get away with full grows in it, but I've also personally had a seedling die off from OF. Clones are usually less sensitive, and can take feedings sooner since they're basically mature already. It could just be the strain, some strains are heavy feeders and some arent.

I personally do about 35% perlite to soil . Anywhere between 20-40% is what you want

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks a lot!

11. Coming up on week 3. They seem to be getting along fine, havent ran into any other issues with leaves dying or anything. Topped a little bit earlier this week. I also tied them to try LST, maybe a little late but its a game of trial and error is it not? [​IMG]

12. Update: nearing 30 day mark. im thinking ill probably switch to 12/12 then. Im letting the sherb xmas tree out and im trying some mediocre training on the GSC, but all looks well aside from pre existing damage. [​IMG]

13. You can lst anytime.

14. Hello everyone, im nearly a week into flower! I vegged my clones for 5 weeks and just flipped them on Thursday. Everything appears to be good so far, BUT i have a question!

My light schedule is on at 11pm and off at 11am but the problem with that is that im not able to really keep an eye on the plants at those hours, and im only able to give them a look over once before bed. How can I change the light schedule to 11am ON without harming the plants?

I will post pics of the plants tonight and maybe you guys can also help me diagnose any issues since i dont have a trained eye yet.

15. You can either leave the light on for an extra 12 hours or leave it off for an extra 12 I would suggest the latter

16. Sounds good, ill keep it off until 11am tomorrow. Thanks!

17. Heres a pic of my plants. sunset sherb on the left, GSC on the right. Nearly a week into 12/12
    [​IMG]

18. Just over a week into flowering, and these things are growing FAST! Sunset Sherbet has really taken off in the last couple of weeks. GSC is looking good, but nowhere near as nice as the other. ALSO! White Hairs!! We’re in business people! I just took these pictures 5 minutes ago so it was a huge suprise to see the hairs on there since they werent present last time i looked. [​IMG] [​IMG]