Grow Journal : first timer, Supercloset SuperTrinity LED cabinet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Swamp Critter, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Two other things, for flowering, to think about after you get those babies vegging:

You will need some type of trellis/screen, the net they usually send is a joke

Access is obviously limited on three sides, wheels of some sort will be handy under that humongous res (plenty of options discussed on sss thread)...

I hate being the bearer of bad news...but knowing some of this stuff ahead of time will give you the option of making changes before the issues actually arise...

If you don’t like my comments, just let me know, no prob...you’ll be in great hands with just steaks help...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Last thing, for now: how are you planning to train them?...you may find that steak’s approach is the best height management approach for 1st flowering run...

• Like Like x 1
  3. S2C was who started all this for me, his threads. Which led to you and Tbone and hunter and the rest. I follow all you guys pretty closely, close as I can anyways.

I model everything I do around what you guys teach me. Being 100% literal. I have a TBI so it’s honestly the greatest blessing to trail behind you guys, shit is hard for me.

On a personal note, I consider S2C a real friend :) he has been more than amazing helping me out. Got my QB96’s cuz of him

Chopped a FLAWLESS Lowryder down last night, my 3rd and last one. Best plant I’ve ever grown. Used his methods the entire way
    7190A2F3-6519-4C6E-819F-EB96A2D7BCFB.jpeg

You guys are all amazing growers, and I feel incredibly lucky to have the relationships I have with some of you :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. #44 Or_Gro, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Thanks man, pass on the knowledge as best you can...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Love your cabinets. Real stealthy. And looks nice.

Where did you get the Ethos? What seedbank?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Overall, as it relates to std supercloset pkg and pathway to making it work, @Steakbomb is the man...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Always, in recovery we have a saying..

“We Only Keep What We Have, By Giving It Away”

100% applies here :)

Thanks for spending the time you do to teach us friend, changed my life

• Like Like x 2
  8. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled across this thread while googling for HELP! Already, you guys have taught me so much. It means a lot.

Seeds from seedsherenow.com

PLEASE keep it coming! Both of you guys fill in vital parts of my knowledge gaps, along with the Dr. and everybody else here. I'm a sponge.

Tonight was a whirlwind, post on the way...

• Like Like x 2
  9. #49 Swamp Critter, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Well fuck. I came home from dinner tonight thinking I was going to transfer the seedlings to the larger res, and I was right. The chain of four T5 lights below the shelf had fallen onto the seedlings. So i began right away.[​IMG]

Luckily none were totally broken, although a few were pretty mushed
    [​IMG]

So that's when I ripped the shelf out, and guess what? I didn't realize the magnet mounts on the lights were just stickers that SC puts there. So the magnet side is strong enough to support the light but half the adhesive failed.
    [​IMG]

Here is the closet without a shelf, so now I have two side by side closets, pretty much identical.
    [​IMG]

Borrowing ideas from Steak and OG, I'm crafting a support/trellis system. Due to very limited space (see next pic too), The second cab is gonna be a bitch to manage because it has to sit behind the dryer. So the support will have a base of corrugated plastic sign material with a center hole drilled in it and through the lid of the res like:

O O O O
    O X O O X O
    O O O O

The forum is formatting this illustration incorrectly but hopefully you get the idea.
    Where Os are the existing holes and Xs will be the new holes used. None of the existing holes used, just two new holes, one centered on each half of the res. There will be two plants per reservoir and one support per plant. So a support and it's plant can be removed as a unit and worked on, and then placed back onto the reservoir. If that makes any sense. I haven't built the base yet.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Filling one of the large reservoirs for the first time
    [​IMG]

And one of the Kind LEDs is on for the first time! Tried to take a pic of some yellowing that seems to be occurring. After all the stress of the lights falling, etc., not sure what the cause is but I'm watching. Any ideas? Seems to be propagating from the stem-adjacent portion of the leaves.
    [​IMG]

Luckily I have a window between the two cabinets, as I'll probably need to pop an AC in there sooner than later. 30 Fahrenheit less that a week ago, 75 today.
    [​IMG]

Began a small dose of the Lotus nutes that the SCs now come with. I also plan to add some Hydroguard when it arrives tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Temp and RH in the closet so far
    [​IMG]

After PH adjust
    [​IMG]

and nute addition
    [​IMG]
    After an hour, cabinet air has stabilized at 79F and 67RH, water at 74F, 6.0PH, 0.2EC

I guess the best way to start skydiving is to jump out of the plane. All comments, criticism, and dire warnings appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  10. And ending on a good note, a visit from the ladybug of good fortune?

IMG_7343.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Glad I reread that. Had it on at 30” initially and crisped up a few leaf tips FAST. It’s all the way up now.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I’ll definitely be adding an additional filter in the room itself.

13. I did order the glasses with the cab. Thanks for the light info, I didn’t realize that would be so important. And what the heck’s a qbs?!

14. I don’t think I’ve gotten to that part yet. Please send if you don’t mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I’d like to try my hand at the manifolding thing. Any particular advice on that if I’m running two plants per cab?

16. Sure - I'll need to dig up the files so it may be later today...

• Like Like x 1
  17. #57 Or_Gro, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Qb=quantum board, the name that horticultural light group (hlg) calls their “white “ leds: very intense, great spectrum growing lights that can be placed as close as 12” from tips of plants...the latest and greatest lights available...they come in a variety of configurations, reasonably priced...you’ll be moving to them as soon as you get a little experience with your kinds during flowering, maybe sooner...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Here is a good tutorial, hit me up with questions.

Main-Lining Tutorial on Training Marijuana Plants | Grow Weed Easy

They look pretty, but i grow them for a big, even plumbing manifold and train tops however makes sense... 3.8lbs, 2.2g/w for 4 plants in 4x4 last grow....

Btw, i shoulda told you this b4, growweedeasy is a great site, lots of great, practical growing info...

I have a deluxe cab (2x3), under stronger kinds (xl750 + 400; xl1000), i grew 1/2 lb plants, under qbs that went up to a lb per plant...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Quantum Boards = QB’s

20. OK So here's what I did... (I posted all the pictures as thumbnails so this post doesn't take a half-hour to scroll thru)
    First, I bought a pair of 6" duct baffles at home depot for my new vent ports in the back -- they also made good templates for cutting larger holes:
    20170702_135624.jpg
    I bought a set of TerraBloom 6" duct fans (the quiet model) plus the smallest 6" Phresh filters available (I want to say 6"x8"). I taped the fan into the filter w/ duct tape.
    20170705_124626.jpg 20170705_130041.jpg
    Making the 4" holes into 6" holes was quite an endeavor. DO NOT USE A HOLE SAW FOR THIS! The steel just won't cut with a hole saw. I wound up using a drill to make pilot holes around the outline of the baffle circle, then used a dremel with a metal cutting bit to connect the dots. Be prepared to go through at least 2 or 3 of the metal cutting discs...
    20170705_211103.jpg 20170706_110825.jpg
    Here's the side where I was "figuring it out"...
    20170705_150615.jpg 20170705_163103.jpg 20170705_211115.jpg 20170706_110756.jpg 20170706_111534.jpg 20170706_114736.jpg
    And then the correct way to do it on the right side once I had a process:
    20170707_082141.jpg 20170707_093546.jpg 20170707_204441.jpg
    Used some 6" ducting and adjustable collars to connect the fans to the baffles. Everything is mounted to the top of the cab with 4 big-ass magnet hooks per side.

• Like Like x 4