Grow Journal - Critical Auto and Super OG Kush Auto

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Paxico, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Day 29 -

Critical Auto, 26 cm, more white hairs

Super OG Kush Auto - 28 cm, no hairs yet
    1518272559279.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice! They look happy today!

3. Yep! Still no thrips!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Day 30 -

Auto Critical - 28 cm, lots of new white hairs

Auto Super OG Kush - 30 cm, no hairs

I watered yesterday with veg nutes for only the second time. Plants look really healthy. I was hoping they would show sex at the same time, but so far the OG is a few days behind in that. The Critical is looking nice and bushy so I hope it has a decent yield, but I've been reading that many have ended with just a bunch of not that impressive buds. This is just for personar use anyway, but I would still like to see some nice fat buds for my second grow... Maybe on the OG. I fear the OG is going to get super tall one of these days. I'm not worried about space, but I am worried about it shadowing the Critical. I'll have to keep raising the Critical off the floor if needed. 1518389517418.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Day 31 -

Pic below shows how different these two strains grow. Critical Auto on left, Super OG Kush Auto on right.
    1518456827788.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lights are almost at 18" for both of them. Maybe 19" for the Critical Auto because it's growing a bit slower. I'm not going to raise it and just see how they adjust. They are both nearing flowering so I want that light closer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The OG is climbing for real

8. Critical Auto 1518465124234.jpg

9. Super OG Kush Auto -
    1518465184337.jpg

10. Day 32 -

Pretty sure the first real bud has started on the main cola of the Critical. The hairs are coming in denser, etc.
    [​IMG]

No hairs yet on the Super OG.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Day 34 -

I switched to bloom nutes on the Critical today. I figured that pistils showed a week ago and the first main bud is forming so it was time. I have read that you should wait until week five or six, which today is day 34, and when the vertical stretching stops. However, the bud sites are forming so I switched. It is still stretching a bit, but seriously, this thing could get big fast.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Day 34, cont.

Main cola bud on the Critical Auto.

1518700943833.jpg 1518700955192.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi I think my plants are autos which I didn't know thought they were fem they are 28 days old and I topped them last night do u too autos is that ok ?

girliegrower

14. Well, everything I've read says that high stress training, like topping, is not recommended for autos. Why? Because they don't have time to recover from the stress of the topping before going into flower. Hopefully, yours are not autos and you can let them recover fully before you put them to flower.

• Like Like x 1
  15. They look so happy man great job

16. They are autos and have had stress pretty much every week prob why they are small I thought it was a fem and was pre flowering I noticed small one was budding but I topped it will the flower come back ?

girliegrower

17. Thank you! They do look happy. I just hope I didn't push it too soon with the flower nutes.

I gotta say, I prefer photoperiod growing than this auto stuff. The stress of having everything perfect before they flower isn't worth it. 1518706518776.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Do you know anymore about the genetics? Some autos flower after three weeks some after 5. It depends, so what you might end up with is nothing on the main cola and a bunch of small side buds. The plant my spend a lot of energy trying to repair where you topped it, but I doubt any decent bud would form there. I am only speaking from what I've read. I've never done any marijuana plant training so I don't have first-hand experience.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Unfortunately I don't got them from ilgm

girliegrower