Grow Journal - Critical Auto and Super OG Kush Auto

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Paxico, Jan 15, 2018.

1. It looks like you have a similar light as mine. Start it at 24 inches and wait to see how your plant reacts. Go slow with LEDs. Keep me posted.

2. Day 23 -

Both about 17 cm

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. It's intereating to watch these two grow side-by-side under the same
    conditions. I know most people do that, but this is only my second grow. The Critical Auto has started to slow its upward growth compared to the Super OG Kush. The Critical is also a bushier plant at this point, whereas the Super OG Kush seems lanky. I think I'll always grow at least two different strains together from this point on. It seems like more fun.

4. Day 24 -

Critical Auto - 19 cm
    Super OG Kush Auto - 20 cm

They are really shooting up now. I'm guessing they will begin to flower in a week or so, at least I hope so. I'm a little curious to see if the OG is going to keep growing tall and lanky and dwarf the Critical. If so, I may have to start raising it up with some blocks or something.

5. No I was trying to compare to mine I think you're look amazing nice and full

girliegrower

6. Cool! Good luck with your grow. I'm in a heated battle with thrips. I haven't actually seen an adult since I first spotted them, and that was only one, which I killed. Then the larvae started showing up here and there. I have been controlling them with my cinnamon spray and the occasional ladybug I find in my yard, but I have seen one or two larvae a day for the past few days. No adults, though, and no new damage that I can see, besides the original damage from the adult. I pulled off the first two affected leaves because figured they were weak and gonna die soon anyway, and maybe that will prevent more larvae. Don't know. I am just hoping to keep them at bay until the end of this grow. I don't want to start over right now, given that I messed up my first grow with light burn, and now this. The plants look really good, though. I've spraying with the cinnamon almost everyday and will keep it up.

Does anyone know if the cinnamon spray will hurt the buds? 1517949772015.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Day 26... I think!

So, yesterday, I raises the Critical Auto in order to match the canopy height of the Super OG Kush Auto, which is now growing vertically at a faster pace. They are both about 19 inches from the light and I am going to leave them to grow into the light for awhile. I feel they will show their sex any day now, bit still waiting for the visible pistils. Of course, they are unmistakable when they appear. I remember in my first grow I kept waiting and guessing, but when they show, they show. I'm glad these guys are taking a bit longer to flower than I thought because I've been able to manage the thrip problem. None today, yet, and I drenched them with the cinnamon spray again. It seems to have no affect in the vegetative growth if the plant, so that's good.

Pic below:

1518014808890.jpg 1518014830355.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Another day 26 pic, Super OG Kush Auto on right. Critical Auto on left. 1518015881480.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looking great friend! Sub'd to watch this unfold!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks! Feeling pretty good about it today since I have not seen any sign of thrip activity

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wooooooo!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Day 27 -

No thrips, adults or larva! That's two days in a row... Sweet! I keep having to raise the light every day because the Super OG Kush is growing fast. I still don't see any white hairs, bit I know they're coming.

I have a question. I know with photoperiods, the flowering stage officially starts when you switch to 12/12, regardless if white hairs have shown up before or not. If that is so, how do we know when the flowering stage has started officially for autos?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Day 27, pic -

1518104276697.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's great! Pest free!!! I would guess when you see the work from the nodes it will tell you when your in flower...all switching to 12/12 does is tell the plant when to start working on her buds

15. Day 28 -

4 week birthday for these guys and the pistils are showing in the Critical Auto!

1518176986368.jpg 1518177001674.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pic is blurry, but they're there!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks Boss! Can't remember, are you growing something now?

• Like Like x 1
  18. I do have 3 bag seeds going..this is my first grow..I got my light hung up yesterday and I'm trying to figure out the best time to turn the lights off since it's winter here lol I started a log but I just started it on a thread about my room..I didn't know how to move it to another thread lol

19. Post a link here, I wanna check it out.