Grow journal Bag seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gr33nMike, Oct 11, 2017.

1. New growth speed and length is just a characteristic of any specific pheno.... Nothing you can do to accelerate it except topping and its not quite ready for that IMO.....slow lateral development just held me up somewhat....I had gave my 6 their 1st topping in solo cups PRIOR to transplanting into the main garden...they had basically NOTHING for new lateral growth at the top nodes where I topped them....That can slow things up considerably if you need to top like I do....Once they do get going, they veg fast again....
    Pic of plants in Solo cups...Took 5 weeks to get them to that point....From cracking seeds, to post topping and then WAITING on some new lateral growth to get going...It always comes, but can be VERY slow to do so....The other pic was 18 days after transplant....every one is from seed which takes longer for new growth compared to cuttings...cuttings tend to have more developed lateral grow tips since they are more mature...I hate a plant that is TOO BUSY on the inside...some plants get aggressive lateral growth on all your main shoots right to their base, and can make for a tangled mess....YT 20180202_183055-1.jpg 20180222_004439.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Good call....its always a concern when u grow organic....Too many ppl let their soil get depleted and then start feeding them....they would have to, but if they want to grow organic, GROW ORGANIC...Soil 'Empty' of rich elements is slowly turning into a nutrient free medium similar to hydroponic mediums....Larger containers are always needed to PROPERLY grow organic vs hydro....Hydro just needs something that will anchor the plant, but MUCH smaller containers can be used....She will love you, and reward you for that....Y.T.

• Like Like x 1
  3. In fact, there has been a few Beer cup/solo cup contest....with hydro, as long as you can keep the water and nutrients getting to the plants roots, your in business....And keep them from tipping over with a clever anchoring system for the cup.....I went thru some of the contest pictures before out if curiosity, and its AMAZING what you can get from a solo cup...I am not suggesting hydro, just some fun stuff.... Screenshot_2018-02-25-00-11-02-1.png Screenshot_2018-02-25-00-11-14-1.png Cpl pics....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bro you Are over watering cut back to less once eve 7 to ten days that's y you leaves are wrinkled

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. vire nice man, I'm starting my first grow this week and seedling from bag seeds. I germianted around 17 but so far only 5 showed tip roots from paper tower method. I wonder if they're bad seeds. How long did you wait from when they came out of the soil to put them under the light?

• Like Like x 1
  7. How long were they in p. towels before the 5 cracked????......as they get older, they become a little harder to crack...But typically, during the 1st cpl yrs of age, they should germinate normally, unless they were stored real shitty...A little extra warmth helps big time....If the spot you keep them (in p. towels) is too cool, it can delay the process....A good spot is on a warm cable box or similar....I shim my little germination plate about an inch over my cable box...if it sits right on it, it gets a little too warm...Once they get that 1st tap root, PLANT THEM....A solo cup is perfect for a new sprout....CFL's, flourescent tubes are fine...not strong enuf to burn them, but bright enuf to keep any stem elongation to a minimum.....Keep them there till your ready to upgrade container size...In most cases, a solo cup is big enuf to get them into their permanent container....YT

• Like Like x 2
  8. around 6 now, and all very short, nothing like the nice long ones i've seen on youtube videos lol

they were in a water cup for 18h + 2 days on paper towel. got and hot place (my room with heater on)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey Gr33nMike, a sneak peak at what I got going on....I should have these in flower in about a week....3 Green Cracks, 2 Peyote Criticals and 1 Blueberry....All from seed...Since I discontinued all my other strains, I had to use all new seeds...Hopefully these produce some keepers so I can work from cuttings.....Getting harder and harder to find A GREAT PLANT from seed....All of these came from good breeders, so I have faith....YT 20180225_223715.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thats perfect....any seed that cracks in a cpl days is doing fine...Careful they are just in a warm spot and NOT HOT.......since you dont know the origin/history of them, they could be old or abused before you aquired them....Stubborn seeds can be scuffed lightly with sand paper....It helps water into the seeds......YT

11. so do you think that the ones that hasn't cracked yet are probably not good?
    also, once they come out of the soil, how soon should I put them in the cab/under light (600w led)? should I leave them by the window for a couple days?

• Like Like x 1
  12. If you put them under your led just make sure it’s like 20-30 inches from the sprouts, leds are very intense light that can hurt babies. But I would recommend using a few little cfl bulbs to start, you can put them close and they won’t burn your babies

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Day 23 GDP Bagseed:
    New growth is coming is very nicely, she’s shaping up real well, the new growth is showing a perfect green in the stems and leaves. The old leaves are on their way out due to old age and the lil calmag def they ran into.
    IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    So far very pleased with where she is at for 3 weeks with only like 75W, I’ll be moving her into the bigger box in a little while.

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Like Like x 1