Grow journal Bag seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gr33nMike, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Lol. Yea I learned a lot this first time. Am going to do some training this time but I’m thinking once I make the switch to flower, I’m going to basically call it quits on training/defoliating. Hoping that keeps her from getting stressed and all her energy can go to buds/trichs rather than repairs.

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Like Like x 1
  2. You’d be surprised how much moisture is still in those.

When you put them in the jars to start the cure they should be crispy on the outside.

Not saying they’re definitely not dry but use caution.

General rule of thumb for drying is 7-14 days in most cases.

However like you said those are some pretty small nugs...

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They are plenty crispy lol, I threw one in the grinder and it was just like any other bud...yea I’m sure it was the size of the buds combined with varying conditions is probably what threw it.

This next grow I will Be transplanting into a 1 Gallon right from the solo cup.
    This last grow they were in 1 Quarts. But with one plant I’ll have all the room to hopefully have a decent harvest this go around.

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Like Like x 2
  4. You will fare MUCH better with stronger lighting....LST and defoliation typically needs to be done by 2.5-3 weeks into flower....at 3 weeks they begin HARD FLOWERING and you want them pretty much the way you want them...plucking a leaf here and there is no big deal at any time during flower if its shading too much....same with a little LST during flower, only as needed and no MAJOR stressful outings....its nice to have it all taken care of by the time they have popcorn size buds..then you can sit back and watch the show....
    I dry my plants whole...I dont cut off branches OR pre-trim....my house is climate control central air and by pretrimming and even hanging individual branches, they dry too quick....My R.H. is in the mid 40ies tops...many times I wont even put a fan blowing on my hanging plants the 1st 2 full days and then just a light breeze...Like clockwork, I start trimming on day 7 (ideal)....if they get dry under 4 days, many times they can get a hay smell or KEEP the Green taste....Shoot for a week to be trimming....when you get a bigger set up with a good light, you will be dealing with MUCH LARGER buds, which, of course will take longer to dry.....1st cpl crops is that learning curve....after that, its cakework....you got some nice frosty buds from a tiny micro grow with a cpl cfl bulbs....cant ask for more from that...
    THAT GDP seedling is VERY happy looking....They only come in regular seeds, but if its a bag seed, its probably a nanna induced seed which would make it female....if someone gave the seed to you (from an order) its regular....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea it’s a bag seed my buddy gave me from when he picked up, the only seed in the entire QP.
    Yea I’m only working with 250w of CFLs, but soon we’ll have a 4x4 tent running a 1000w hps, carbon filter and all that.

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

• Like Like x 1
  6. #112 Yankeetransplant, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    A 1000w will saturate that 4 by 4 tent NICELY during heavy flowering....a 1000w light produces some heat so make sure you vent accordingly...AND dont get over zealous with keeping the light too close....start on 50% intensity and work up to 1k only during flower up thru week 6 and then start toning back down....3ft over tbe plants is plenty with a 1k light in a 4 by 4 tent....YT.......EDIT...ppl may try to say to keep that 1k light closer, but it IS NOT necessary....during late flower it would do more harm than good....In fact I think I mentioned that the 1k will start to evaporate a LOT of trichs high on the top colas...2 weeks prior to harvest, go down to 75% and down to 50% till harvest....Your trichs will PUMP UP FAT!!!!....I spent MANY yrs watching the effects of 1000w HID lights during late flower.....Mimicking the fall time sun lower in the sky with far less intensity, has a significant impact on trich development....Thats one of those things that probably is not in a any of 'HOW TO' books, but 39 yrs of growing teaching you more than ANY book ever can...

• Like Like x 1
  7. #116 Gr33nMike, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gdp off to a good start....looking forward to a smoke report on your sativa plant thats drying....Always fun to see someone get to smoke their 1st plants, and from the preharvest pics, its gonna rearrange some brain cells..LOL...YT

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ikkkk..the Sativa dried for 5 days. Both are curing now. Have smoked on the indica and it’s great, giving the Sativa a few days. The indica smokes great! Very earthy/fruity taste
    My total harvest was about 6-7 grams. Not very much, but for my first grow I’m more than satisfied. I learned a lot and hopefully this time I can squeeze a zip or two

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

10. Your GDP is coming along far better than my lackluster handful of bagseed that began sprouting on the 25th. An additional batch have yet to break ground, and a group of four have started short hours.
    IMG_20180212_225256.jpg
    Adjustments with Photoshop make this pic look a little foggy.

• Like Like x 1