Grow journal Bag seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gr33nMike, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Cpl macro pics...It hard to use cause flash on the phone camera doesn't quite light it up enuf.....So, I put a remote light on the bud, and then take the picture....take a few and pick out the clear ones...YT 20180511_212657-1.jpg 20180511_213210-1.jpg 20180511_213244-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Update:

Flower box tonight
    IMG_0870.JPG

12/12 seedlings are doing well..

Clone A is doing well, she’s ripening up nicely..I’ll probably cut her in the next week or so..
    IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    Side bud
    IMG_0879.JPG

Clone B is starting nicely..already has some purpling trichomes
    IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG

Veg area..

Clones are looking nice..new mom is killing it...
    IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG

Bubba Kush seed is starting nice..I put her in a hempy style cup..
    IMG_0873.JPG

Batch 1 and the new babies are looking healthy..new seeds are stretching a bit but overall looking good
    IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    Batch 1 clones are starting to get some nice new top growth..I plan to top them in the next couple days
    IMG_0876.JPG

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

3. Well, my Berry Bomb auto is starting to throw a few flowers on each top....I was hoping it would veg a LITTLE longer before flowering....But, each of the 6 branches has about 4 inches of length....Knowing autos can start flowering in 2 or 3 weeks, prunning had TO BE fast....If I were ever to grow autos, I would stick to more of a plantlet grow without any prunning...They stay relatively short to begin with, and without any prunning, the main cola would be make for most of your yield....These JUST started flowering so I will be curious how much stretch it will produce.....since yield was not the main agenda with it, I needed it to fit nicely under the light....the 6 top version (mostly horizontal) should work great...Berry Bomb Auto is listed as a 70 day plant, with 15-20% THC....Thats WAY DECENT for an auto plant....Very fruity, berry and can get blues and purples...Then again, it is half Blueberry....The other cut (other than the auto cross), is THC Bomb....
    We shall see where this size ends up after buds stop any elongation....It will take up half my area under my T5, 4 bulb, so I cant have it get too big anyways....the other side of that area is the nursery for any cuttings....YT 20180516_225249-1-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well, my Berry Bomb auto is starting to throw a few flowers on each top....I was hoping it would veg a LITTLE longer before flowering....But, each of the 6 branches has about 4 inches of length....Knowing autos can start flowering in 2 or 3 weeks, prunning had TO BE fast....If I were ever to grow autos, I would stick to more of a plantlet grow without any prunning...They stay relatively short to begin with, and without any prunning, the main cola would be make for most of your yield....These JUST started flowering so I will be curious how much stretch it will produce.....since yield was not the main agenda with it, I needed it to fit nicely under the light....the 6 top version (mostly horizontal) should work great...Berry Bomb Auto is listed as a 70 day plant, with 15-20% THC....Thats WAY DECENT for an auto plant....Very fruity, berry and can get blues and purples...Then again, it is half Blueberry....The other cut (other than the auto cross), is THC Bomb....
    We shall see where this size ends up after buds stop any elongation....It will take up half my area under my T5, 4 bulb, so I cant have it get too big anyways....the other side of that area is the nursery for any cuttings....YT View attachment 2445778

5. Both my Peyote Criticals came down today (day 57)....checked the root systems (I ALWAYS DO THAT), when I dumped the old medium....they filled the 3 gal pots real nice....some pencil thick strands coming off the main stalks right at medium surface...All those threw off PLENTY of feeder roots...For the size plants I grow to fill my space, the 3 gallon buckets are perfect...cpl pics....my little Bubble bomb and the Green Crack should be ripe in about 4 more days and my Blueberry a few days after that (its a full 9 week plant)....cpl pics...the root ball was shaken out...get a better look at just the roots that way....The other pic is just another little nug in all her ripe glory....Getting anxious to get replanted soon....ALL CLONE stock, so I can get my yields back where they should be....Just cant pull good yields with seed stock....Or, I should say, you can't pull GREAT YIELDS with seed plants....your going to have some plants that are just not worthy of re-growing.......YT 20180517_181135-1.jpg 20180517_201912-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cool....Been in this game a long time, and their nutrients are the greatest....I love the fact that, even in any kind of hydroponic system, its all you need....also great for soil enhancement, unless someone is total organic and uses organic 'teas' for supplementing.....quite complete, quality, and in the proper ratios...if its being used properly, you'll never have deficiencies....YT

• Like Like x 1
  7. Since only my 2 Peyote Criticals have been harvested, I clipped off a Green crack and a Blueberry knot to dry out....they are both only 4 days from harvest if I let them go 9 weeks....The Blueberry was for sure a 9 week plant....From taking a close look at this Green Crack nug, I decided I will let it go a full 9 weeks....very few scattered amber trichs...you need to go looking for one to find one....overall though, it could use the extra few days for ripening.....Both the Blueberry and G. Crack are listed at 8-9 weeks, which will almost certainly mean 9 weeks....For those who have not ordered many seeds yet, flowering times and yield amounts are usually always exaggerated in seed specifications....Everything in the specs is providing the planets are all properly aligned and your system is state of the art, and your prunning or scrog net was perfect, ETC, ETC....It's a basic guildline to get you somewhere in the ballpark....regardless of what is say for flower duration, you still need to go by what the plant looks like....YT...edit..the 1st pic was a Blueberry. 20180518_215552-1.jpg 20180518_215605-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Good looking stuff

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Like Like x 1
  9. Update:::
    Today I’m the veg area...
    New mom is killing it..however I’ve decided that she won’t be a mom..but that I’m going to top her off a few times and throw her in flower.
    You can see in this photo, she completely dwarfs all the other clones..not as much the chosen ones but definitely the others
    IMG_0891.JPG
    She’s also got by far the largest fan leaves of any plant I’ve grown..
    IMG_0893.JPG

The chosen ones are looking niceee..well except for this one lil shit..(top left)
    Anyways They all got a feeding of veg nutes today..and will be topped in a day or two.
    IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    All the new seedlings are looking nice too. Starting to open up. The hempy seedling is looking happy as a frog...which now, after saying doesn’t make any sense...

Anyways over into the flower box..

Clone A is finishing up, about 99% cloudy trichs..still have to go hunting for amber trichs but they’re definitely around. I’ll pull her today or tomorrow..
    IMG_0895.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG

Clone B is starting to push some flowers...I can already tell she’s going to surpass Clone A in size AND yield.
    IMG_0896.JPG

Also the 12/12 seedlings have a weird yellowing on the new growth..what is this?
    IMG_0898.JPG

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. That potential mother thats going to be flowered, maybe throw her in the flower box with the EXACT prunning you will use for the larger group going in....she can be good intel so you will know EXACTLY how big to let them get in veg to fill the box efficiently.....
    Seedlings spend the 1st 2-3 weeks developing root systems BEFORE they give you any real vegging...Most of the growth is going on below ground....I have never seen a good plant that was flowered right after cracking it...Thats one of the reasons...It has NO real root system and the light cycle is trying to force flowering hormones in a plant that is not mature enuf to properly flower...Too much going on at the same time with the plant....I have seen half way decent plants from seedlings that are ALREADY 2-3 weeks old...even those will never completely reach their full potential, but will look MUCH better...YT

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was thinking about topping the “new mom” into a style like that auto you did..and then just doing a single top on the others

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

12. She needs to get flowered real soon, or she will get too tall for your setup, OR, prunned...nice to learn how that cut behaves a with a cpl different prunning methods (or no prunning)....the more you know about a particular plant you grow, the better..knowing exactly how many can fill a certain area, how much they stretch...thats great info that GREATLY helps how you prune them, or not prune them, and then your space can be filled with crowding....nothing worse than getting thru a whole crop and realize you had 50% un-used space....Over crowding can be constant trimming and LST work....Ultimately overcrowding can be reduced to very full...I rather have to do some work, than to lose yield....But knowing how they behave makes life much easier....Lots of new growers are not yet super concerned about things like that......It's far more important to be able to consistently grow good crops, and THEN work on maximizing space.....YT

• Like Like x 1
  13. As of now, her and the other flower clones have been topped once..her at her second node and the rest at the first

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

• Like Like x 1
  14. So Clone A was done drying.. rather rapidly I might add, despite leaving larger leaves to trap in moisture for a little longer..but anyways it’s in a jar..coming out to a whopping .75 grams of airy..but super potent bud.
    Image1526959100.713482.jpg
    I’ve hit my one hitter twice now and I’m am effectively stoned to the bone lol.

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

• Like Like x 3
  15. There is nothing better than smoking your own weed:love-mj2:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Very cool...as 'cashed out' said, nothing like being stoned stupid and knowing YOU created it.....getting the process tuned to produce QUALITY bud is it (Your there!!!)....getting the quantity up is the easy stuff....Nice to know that your Main Clone is that potent.....You can learn using any plant buts its a BIG bonus to have a good one....you could have got .75gm of headache weed..LOL....That .75 will get you stoned enuf to reflect on the grow and ponder over the logistics for this next one...NOW, all your good clones have been topped and are one step closer to FILLING your flower box....THAT GROW will be highly motivating...Cant wait to see some pics of that flower box STUFFED with sweet, sticky goodness.....I would run with the expectation that they will dbl in size after timer flip....that gives you some type of guide of how much NEW GROWTH you need on them before timer flip....Worse case is that they get even taller, but you can use LST methods to keep them from growing into the light....a little crowded means a LOT OF BUDS if you manage it correctly......
    When I LST a branch that's getting too tall, I put a 90° bend, fold a pc of thin cardboard (like a new matchbook type of cardboard) over the bend and secure it with a paperclip....that was the 1st way I ever did it and STILL use the same method.....You dont even need to remove it till they're done, but they will have a Knot there in a week if you do take it off...
    What medium did they go into this time???....soil again or did you opt for soiless....YT.....never mind..I scrolled back and see organic mix in the solo cups...

• Like Like x 3