Grow journal Bag seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gr33nMike, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Some yummy colors showing up in the Peyote Critical......The Peyote Purple side of the cross is adding purples and burgundy colors.....If my flower room was cooler, they would most likely be very colorful, but it stays right around 80° with the 1000w running....YT 20180512_040229-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. She’s looking super nice! Can’t wait to see the final product.

As far as the 12/12 seed method goes...I’ve seen some decent micro grows done this way. However, I’ve never read any smoke reviews of the finished product..

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

3. I had to check this thread and at least comment on....Green Crack nug I just smoked...It had a 3 day on it and still had a nice smell and flavor....The seed co lists it at 22-24% thc.....I can vouch for that now....I am super pleased with the results....yield is TBD, but I can tell that will be good...The potency is top notch along with the quality of the buzz...nice and motivational without any racy or jitters....Turn you into Mr Goofy real quick...ppl look at you wierd cause your cracking up laughing, but your by yourself...LOL.....Kudos to True North seed bank...YT

• Like Like x 1
  4. Quick pic of my Bubble Bomb Auto....All 6 of the original large shade leaves have been removed....As soon as a new shoot has ample solar panels, I will get rid of the shade leaf at that shoots node....no need for it any more and it will actually be drawing some of the energy to keep surviving....let it all go into that shoot....Cannabis plants come provided with way more leaf surface area than is needed..leaf loss from insects, amimals, fungus, weather, physical damage, etc, can happen without enuf loss of photosynthesis to harm the plant....Also why defoliation works so well...Use to be, everyone thot the leaves would not be there unless they were needed....mother nature already thought ahead and provided plenty to acct for any loss.....Basically ALL defoliation is done to prevent shading somewhere...whether is to an established shoot, budsite or a recently pruned top awaiting new growth.....Shade is the enemy.....and in some cases, shade leaves can be so HUGE and PLENTIFUL, it looks like you could walk across the canopy....Also why light movers are one of my favorite pc of equipment...A mover WITH selective defoliation allows the most possible light to bud sites.... would not grow a crop without one.....
    This plant is now just awaiting flowering....IT WILL get more defoliation as the flowering progresses...YT
    20180512_212602-1.jpg

5. Update:

Day 34/15 of flower.
    IMG_0824.JPG
    Clone A is looking nice, with probably another 2 weeks or so to go
    IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    Little side nug
    IMG_0836.JPG

The 12/12 seeds are looking nice..they’re both starting their 3rd nodes..not showing preflowers yet.
    IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    Close up of Clone B as she starts to show some flowers.
    IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0830.JPG

I’ve selected 5 of the new clones to move into the flower box. I will top them each once then after about a week or so move them in.
    IMG_0839.JPG

So far we’ve got 2 White Widows poking out and one INC.
    ww
    IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    Inc
    IMG_0842.JPG

Remainder of the clones...I’ll probably give a few away to friends..but one will probably become a new mother.
    IMG_0838.JPG

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looking good...Do you happen to know where the White Widows came from....Thats an amazing strain as long as they come from the right place....I had gotten 2 batches of FLOOR SWEEPINGS before a 3rd supplier had some GREAT WW genetics.....Have not dealt with them for some time, but it's a small place called Elephantos in Amsterdam...For the longest time they didn't carry a lot of strains but had KILLER genetics of what they did have....Not sure what they are up to now...I've been ordering from North America suppliers exclusively.....Amber color showing up in one of those pics?...
    That pic by itself makes it look ripe?...you dont have any that far along, Do you?.....maybe the color is more of an optical illusion...YT

• Like Like x 1
  7. Which photo? If you’re talking about this one..
    IMG_0837.JPG
    I doo see what you’re saying, however I’d say there’s barely any amber trichs at this point. I can actually see at lot of trichs that haven’t even fully developed heads yet.

I don’t know if you noticed..but I DID get rid of mom today.. when I dropped two clones off to a friend I gave him that too as a little bonus gift to bury in the backyard when the weather improves..this kid went and germinated like 100 seeds of various strains (auto/regular/feminized)...the whole 9 yards..
    He’s got like 50 under a led rn...and he just launched the rest into the backyard lol. So I told him to bury this one out back too.

8. Well, mom served you well...safe move with all the rooted cuttings you have.....I thought you didnt have anything further along....I always pick at the very 1st sign of color change....Its hard to see what others can see in person...maybe the strain throws some early darkening of trichs....
    Here is a somewhat closeup of my blueberry...this nug broke off watering and is 11 days premature...It will still give a nice little buzz....But NONE of the trichs are any where near darkening yet..YT 20180512_223146-1.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. #430 Gr33nMike, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Update::

Flower box tonight
    IMG_0845.JPG

Clone A is looking nice and is starting to bulk up a bit..that being said she’s tiny I put her over to flower a little soon...probably won’t yield more than an 8th.
    IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG

Clone B is looking nice. I’ve decided I’m not going to touch her. Just going to let her do her own thing.
    IMG_0848.JPG

Now for the 12/12 seedlings..

#1 is starting to catch up to #2

IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG

Over on the Veg side::

IMG_0853.JPG

The chosen ones are starting to show some nice top growth..I’ve been thinking and I thiiink I’m going to prune These the way that you’ve planned that auto Yankee..two toppings, for a total of 6 total colas..and that will also give me some time to make room in the flower box. By then we’ll be able to throw 6 total in there...so I’m actually going to chose another one(I’ll add a photo at the end of which I chose)
    IMG_0858.JPG

All of the New seedlings have popped out of the dirt.

WW1
    IMG_0854.JPG
    WW2
    IMG_0855.JPG

INC1
    IMG_0856.JPG
    INC2
    IMG_0857.JPG

As For the other clones...I’ve picked one to be the new mother(pictured center in group)..these ones are also looking healthy..not all have shown much top growth.
    IMG_0850.JPG

New mom..I chose her because just a couple days after transplant, she’s throwing 7 finger leaves in her new growth. So I figure she’s a healthy gal..
    IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG

This is the 6th clone I’ve chosen for the next batch of flower. She was an inch.5 or two taller than the other ones I chose so I’ve bent it over..by the time it’s perked back up, hopefully the other clones will be just about level with her.
    Image1526268469.316848.jpg
    Image1526268478.367045.jpg

I’m hoping for a quarter or so off each plant..Which only amounts to a gram for every 6 Watts.. I DOO run 250w of cfls In there..so with a little practice I’m hoping I can get about one gram per watt in this box.. with a 9 plant plan that would be just about a zip per plant.. which is a lot I feel like In a solo cup..but maybe not.

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

10. Not sure about the beetle....there is a commercial nightmare called a black vine weevil which can destroy crops but that one looks a little different..probably something common that got lost...long as your plants are not being eaten, I wouldn't worry about him....
    Your plants looking good...and NO, you wont get a zip per plant with the 9 plant plan in solo cups in that flower box....A gram per watt is a LOT HARDER than most imagine....only happens with 600-1000w lights, scrogged or prunned nice...A REAL good yielder could get you about a half zip per cup in that box using a soiless mix, AND if the stars align properly......LESS in soil....Trying to get good yields in solo cups in a micro grow like that requires hydroponics...A good healthy plant would tear through the nutrients in soil in solo cups too quick....QUALITY comes out of micro grows, not quantity....That gram a watt can be a goal when u switch to a tent with a big light...YT

• Like Like x 1
  11. Here is a pic of my little Bubble Bomb....It gives you some idea about what could fit in your flower box....this is 20" tall (highest point), INCLUDING the container, and 14 inches from medium surface...the container is 5" by 5" by 6" deep....There are 5 tops with a few secondary nugs....I dont believe this will give me an full oz....I am guessing it will be about 3/4....That plant COULD be in a Hempy Solo cup...It would have to have the cup anchored, or screened to prevent tipping, but can be that size grown hydroponically (soiless)....It could possibly require watering twice a light cycle, depending on how high the drain holes were made.....But thats a lot of plant in a solo cup....Thats real close to the max a solo could handle....I think your 2 tops per cup idea would be nice....with 1 inch high drain holes, they would do ok with 1 watering a day....THATS IF they were done Hempy style....If they just had BOTTOM drain holes, they could easily need watering twice a cycle, since there wouldn't be an internal reservoir.....That 1 inch water reservoir get them thru a full day when they are rocking....Hempy Buckets have the hole 2 inches up, but thats too much water in a solo cup.....My cuttings now need watering once a day....they are not really cuttings anymore but prunned small plants....The drain hole is only a half inch up the side of the cups....If the drains were an inch up, I could water them every other day......They are running on 24 hrs if light....I ALWAYS run cuttings and vegging plants on 24hrs of light....I want them to veg as fast as possible and 24 hrs does that....They DON'T require 'sleep or rest' periods....YT 20180514_012052.jpg

12. There are many of these online....There has been a few solo cup competitions in the past few yrs......This youtube video is a great example for those who think you cant grow in solo cups....YT....And this was organic!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hempy system basic as it gets...turn any size container into a one.....In a nut shell, its a drain to waste system that holds an internal reservoir governed by the container size at its base and the height of the drain hole...sit them in drip pans to catch your runnoff, or 'hard plumb' them into a main drain system...mine is an example of that....soilless mediums are what u use....the 2 VERY BEST are perlite:vermiculite and perlite:coco coir.....The same ratios for each are best IMO....3:1 is common but I like mine even a dryer mix, 4:1.....Perlite of course is the higher volumn....Both the Vermiculite and the Coco Coir are what HOLDS large amts of moisture....Almost everyone I have seen that used even a 50:50 mix, had droopy leaves at one time or another from too high of moisture content....Using a 3:1 and especially a 4:1, is nearly possible to over water unless your constantly dousing them.....These mixes with these ratios naturally hold the nearly perfect moisture levels, and the roots love it....Roots healthy is the key to a great plant....what goes on above ground is governed by what goes on below ground....If you are tuned into the use of a pH meter and a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter, then you are pretty much guaranteed success, ruling out stupid stuff like burning them up with too much heat, or having a light fall on them...If the set up is sound, your in business....
    The roots will seek that internal reservoir and growth takes off....It allows longer btwn watering....you always water with some runoff (out the drain hole) so its 'self flushing'....Nutrient levels stay constant in the medium and don't build up....That's all there is too it...YT..pics sloppy...scratched them out on my phone..LOL IMG-e58e1938-753d-4c8c-82eb-93d5e0d3ece0.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ahhhhh, This sat me down for a cpl hours....Peyote Critical nug with a 3 day dry on it...Was picked about 4 days early...tmrw is 8 weeks and they look ready....strong indica!!!....No up at all....goes straight to the deep indica buzz....Perfect late day and evening smoke.....Blueberry was VERY potent for a nug that was 11 days early (9 week strain).....this one is a nice balance btwn indica and sativa....Nice mix of strains...Green Crack to get the day going, blueberry during the day and Peyote Critical to end the day....My medicine cabinet is now complete for a cpl more years...YT 20180514_181611.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Can’t wait to see harvest pics of the peyote critical....that’s purple as fuck

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

16. It has SOME purple streaks and spots but will never be mostly purple...If they were exposed to cooler temps than I can offer, there would be a LOT MORE purple.....Its from the Peyote purple side of the cross which is very purple with TONS of resins....BUT, is not known as a real high thc strain.....The Critical kush side of the cross gave it that HIGH TEST thc....Also kept The dense resins...I struggled getting it to veg quickly...slow grower due to thick stalks....they are my 2 smallest plants....INSANE characteristics other than that...hoping they veg faster from cutting as opposed from seed....that can easily happen.....if I can get them bigger, without the others growing down the hallway, They will be keepers.....I do like a decent return for 3 months of effort....other than slow veg, it's another world class strain out of Barney's Farm...bought it thru True North seeds, but they broker for many other places along with their own strains.....There is also a Peyote Cookies cross they do (self explanatory)...buddy of mine growing out a cpl of those now....I will swap a P..Critical for a P. Cookies when he sorts out the best pheno....YT

• Like Like x 1
  17. #439 Yankeetransplant, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Cpl pics....peyote Critical plant the night before it will be harvested (no support cage on it), and a Green Crack plant 5 days from harvest (plant WITH a cage on it).....with only 6 plants total, they will be harvested on 3 different days to get closest to peak THC as I can get....If it sounds like splitting hairs, It is a little but I dont like my plants with amber trichs....So, I pull them at 100% cloudy trichs if I can....I also HATE trimming buds, and that gets me trimming on different days, which breaks up the boredom and sore back from sitting too long in the same position.....With 6 plants at the size I grow them to, it typically takes 9-10 hrs to trim them all properly...YTa 20180516_040313.jpg 20180516_040325.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looking good, how’s that macro lense working for you

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal