Grow journal Bag seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gr33nMike, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Getting a ph meter on payday to see if that's why the plants aren't taking the nutes. Topped the taller plant back to 4 nodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey everyone, got an update on the grow today. A is doing great with a top yesterday it's looking good.
    [​IMG]
    B is lookin awesome, planning on topping soon.
    [​IMG]
    C is growing back nicely from the trim the other day with some nice skinny sativa looking leaves coming in.
    [​IMG]

4. Good deal...the new growth has nice color....great part was u recognized drooping when they were too wet and discoloration when it 1st showed up...nipping conditions in the butt keeps them rocking along...Before you go into flower, you will have a good feel for their likes and dislikes....MOMENTUM, when u do induce flower, is crucial for reaching their potential....A healthy, rapid veg transitions into healthy, rapid flowering....
    I hit 8 weeks tonight into flower...My Bubble Bomb is about done, but needs a cpl more days...my THC Bomb (indica pheno), and White Widow will go to 9 weeks..And my THC Bomb (Sativa pheno) appears she will go up to 11 weeks...Dan at Bomb seeds said that Sativa pheno is the LONG FLOWERING Pheno, but is the most sought after one for its strength....Most my strains are 9 weeks for FULL ripening, so I dont want an 11 week plant in the mix....so I wont be growing her again, BUT WILL enjoy it while I have it......Pic of my Bubble Bomb attached since she is about done...She DID get that Bazooka bubble gum smell which its known for...Looking forward to that 1st LONG draw....AHHHHH!!!! 20171023_190024-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. #25 Gr33nMike, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Damn that's a gorgeous nugget

Right now I'm vegging at about 200w so I'm hoping the 300w led im going to get along with these 200w lights will kill it for the flower.

And for flower and hopefully soon they'll be vegging in the 200w setup along rather than sharing it with my other plants.

Oh yea! And what's with this half discolored leaf? The picture wouldn't focus on the right spot but you can see it okay
    [​IMG]

6. That just looks like a little genetic imperfection....Being way down low on such a small leaf, I wouldnt give it a second look....It will grow out of that kind of oddity...its not from nute splatter on the leaf cause its too symmetrical on half the leaf...when they are that young, they want to send all the energy to the top growth...if I recall, that discoloration was there prior to topping and the leaves already showed a magnesium type deficiency...with a leaf that tiny, its probably part of that and effected that half of that TINY leaf....sometimes you can even get a little tip burn on lateral growth as small as that seedling has....the lateral growth is not strong on that plant...Its VERY DELICATE and is susceptible to damage from a few different things....sometimes your seedling have very good lateral growth very young...it can take off growing fast as soon as you top a it...Got to remember, you dealing with a gene pool and NOT ALL the plants are pretty...Some are not even worth growing out..buying seeds is kind of like buying lotto tickets..sometimes you get lucky but also miss on many...I probably grow out 25-40% of seed I start...I am VERY picky about chosing the stongest seeings to grow out...space is limited and precious..not to mention caring for a half ass plant for 3-4 months....you quicky learn that starting from seeds is not all that...When and IF you do find a great plant, CLONE IT...then you have that consistency....that plant is not as pretty as the others IMO...It may kick into high gear, it may be a dud...a little early to tell....Thats also one reason I NEVER dedicate a bucket and main garden space to a seedling that is too young....A solo cup is plenty to be able to grow that for a cpl or few more weeks to make sure its worthy of making the team...I attached a pic of what a solo cup can produce..this pic is hydro and cup set up as a mini Hempy system...Its a foot tall and been thru a cpl toppings....of course they dont need to be like this to transplant, but point being, make sure you get them big enuf to see what they have offer...Y.T. IMG-0096db3c-65c8-4215-9d06-9f2f4a5f5e09.png

• Like Like x 3
  7. Green Mike...here is a link to very short tutorial on Hempy Buckets...I returned to this passive hydroponic method after years of growing water culture plants...I run 6 buckets in a 5ft by 4ft space...It doesnt get any easier, cheaper, less technical, less time and AMAZING RESULTS...
    hydro outgrow soil 30-50% depending on method which is a fact, not just my opinion...you control the nutes, and it impossible to over water...watering resets the TDS (total dissolved solids) and the pH...Its virtually IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO SUCCEED...but its a short, simple tutorial you may consider...YT
    Guide to Hempy Buckets • Soft Secrets

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea I was thinking about it, that one is certainly leggier than the others. I'm considering doing a manifold type method on the B plant. The nodes are much tighter and with those fat indica-looking leaves I'm sure it's meant to be a stubby little gal. We will see what happens with preflowers or maybe I'll take a few clones and flower them to see who's who.
    Thanks for all the input yankee!

9. Alright feeding time is tomorrow and my water has been ph'd at 6.3 I'm going to water no nutes and see if this cal mag is still an issue.
    6.3 is right in the target zone no?
    [​IMG]
    Smoked this joint today, purple wreck, slathered in honey and rolled in keef good shit [​IMG]

10. Did a little reading and most f what I read says 5.5-6.5 is the zone for marijuana so I got it sitting at 6.1 now figured right in the middle is a solid start, then dial it in based on what each plant likes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesome! I've always wanted to perfect my own strain that's ideal for me.

13. #33 Gr33nMike, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Little update:
    since this morning C has started to almost gleam or sparkle, the startof trichome production? let me know
    [​IMG]
    also are these pre flower things or just lateral growth?
    [​IMG]

A's top has been going very well, since I nailed down the ph the new growth looks so much better than the old growth.
    [​IMG]

B Is looking great. Will be topping to node 3 once the 6th has come in and the top will be a attempt at a clone that will be put on a flower cycle to test sex

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Question, you started the thread as 'bag seeds'....what strain did these seeds come out of???....if they are bag seeds, you wouldn't know if the pollen came from a stressed female or a true male....Hopefully the pollen was from a nanna a stressed female produced....that way your plants will all be female....they indeed look like they are tuned in now....Male plants tend to get lanky, long intranodal distance, not very pretty looking....Females within a strain are shorter, thicker, much prettier...Males rarely produce resins of any amt...that one Pretty little thing with the premature trichs is female....POSSIBLY NOT but I would bet the house on it...I have seen my share of short thick looking males but not with early resin production...I wouldnt sex though yet...its hard to get them back to a full veg stage, and inducing flower, going back to veg stage, and back to flower AGAIN can produce hermaphrodites... A messed up photo cycle can easily produce hermi's...they are still a little too young to reach their genetic potential if full flower is induced now...Now that they are going nice, let them ride the wave and get bigger...Then grab some cuttings and flower them...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yea these are from a little bag of about 20 seeds my girlfriend gave me last year. She had collected them pretty much h since she started smoking years ago. And idk about that one but I can bet good odds that the B plant is a nana seed, considering I bought z and only found one good seed and a white one, also my friend who gets it said he found 1 or 2 seeds in the whole Q.

18. Nice to know the strain they are from but OH WELL, Forest Gumps bag of seeds, Never know what your gonna get..LOL...pic of a nug on my Bubble bomb plant thats hanging, drying...had to rotate pic 180°....should be dry enuf in 4 more days that I can trim up a nug and sample it... 20171028_192608-1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. That looks delicious

20. #40 Gr33nMike, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Update:
    Big day today, the babies moved into their new homes!

Here’s a photo of A during the transplant, the rootball looks awesome. The others looked great as well
    [​IMG]

Here’s all the little ones after transplant
    [​IMG]

A
    [​IMG]

B
    [​IMG]
    Also a shot you can see it’s knuckling up real nice between these nodes where I gave im a lil squish
    [​IMG]

C
    [​IMG]
    I trimmed the tips off the fan leaves on one side of C so that this little lateral growth could grow up big and strong
    [​IMG]

Also while we were in there I figured let’s take a look at the rest of the garden as well. I did a lot of minimizing to make room for these pots.
    First here’s my freshly topped opal basil seedling
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next we’ve got the pepper plants, left to right they’re poinsettia hot peppers and mini bells(which have stared to flower!)
    [​IMG]
    And finally my apple seedling that I’ve been training into a neat little shape I like, it’s going to be almost bonsai style mini patio kinda tree
    [​IMG]