Grow Inside Old Radio w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by mmmm dank, May 7, 2006.

1. it sure is :p , im not sure what the y-adapter is actually called, i myself also could never find them online but hardware stores know what your talking about.

2. The light he is showing is a flourescent.. Flourescents are "Energy Saving", kind of contradicting yourself there.

Yes that light the guy showed will work, its in wrong color temp but it will work.

3. Still looking good dank, forest area looks sweet.Thought any thing about pest control, young plants are going to be venerable to mice, moles, rabbits to name but a few, for the first few months or until it develops a good hard stem.Just a thought.GL with the grow.:)

4. OKAY!!! last update for the day i went out and got some shots of my grow site the pic i posted earlier is the outside of the forest the second once is a pic inside of the forest where i found this huge thorn bush dome and this is a pic outside of the dome the thrid is the inside of the dome that i hollowed out...not easy, and the last pic is of the canopy and how much light can get into the little dome, its a pretty sweet setup so here you go:cool:

Attached Files:

5. ya im gonna piss around it everyday haha, and as for ants because there are some i bought some little tablets, and the ants take it back to their colony and it kills all the little fuckers

6. Nice:) But seriously you may wanna think about getting a few small mice traps around your plants Last thing you want to do is turn up one morning and see some small mouse jacked up on your puff.

7. ya i probably will or better yet....sticky paper muahahaha, u like the actual grow area?

8. yeah, looks good enough to do the job and well concealed.I take it the hole is going to be filled with some home mix soil.

9. ya it will be well im out guys i have to write a freaking manuscript(5000 word essay on spanish armada) so the next time i update wont be for a while because its going to be when my sprouts pop out of the soil so prolly 4 days or so

LATER!

10. well damn, i woke up this morning and still no roots from my seeds:mad: , they have been in there since saturday i believe but they arnt coming out, im gonna get some new seeds from my friend today, but dont worry i wont throw away the old ones i'll wait a couple more days for that, well wish me luck, ill give another update later

Dank

11. damn no lil roots @ all? I would for sure still save them and see what they do.

12. Patience my dear boy, Patience:)

13. thanx for the encouragement guys i didnt get those seeds today maybe tomorrow will keep you updated, hopefully these little suckers grow...

Dank

14. :(well this really blows, i dont think these seeds are any good so i threw them out and im hopefully going to get some more today...hopefully. i will update soon.

dank

15. lol, well dont end up throwin out your weed plants if they dont grow over night k?

16. next time you do it, try this

take a damp piece of paper towel and put it on a dessert plate, sprinkle the seeds on it, and take TWO WET layers (warm) of paper towel and place it over top. Take clingwrap and make sure you have a 100% seeled layer over the towels. You should see condinsation forming later onn...thats the perfect enviornment. Place a second plate of equal size facing downwards on top of the cling wrap so it looks like a.....flying saucers? (lol!)... and put em on the fridge or by a baseboard heater...somewhere that is constantly warm.

when you plant the seeds, take a pen and poke a TINY...i mean... the smallest dent in the world whole a gently place the seed (taproot down of course) in the whole.. the top of the seed should be exposed. then push a TINY amount of soil up AROUND the seed to secure it in place..the pointed top of the seed should still be exposed. then, clingwrap the top of the pot and bake it under your lights and overnight, you should have a full sprout in the morning.

Humidity is of the essence, hence the clingwrap. with no word of a lie, if you do this correctly, you can go from ungerminated seed to a healthy 1 inch stem with immature leaves in 48 hours (or less, my last round was up in 24)

hope this helps

FLEX

17. bake it under your lights? bad idea. they need absolutely no light at all until after they've popped above soil. the rest he said is fine though. i'd also slightly cover the seed with soil a little to help keep it from drying... instead of keeping it at the surface... but it works either way.

18. Rasta- i know i know:p its just the last time a germed my plants it only took two days, the guy i got these from i dont think he kept his seeds in a dark cold area, they were pretty dinky, and they looked damaged, these next seeds are from my friend who grows as well and he crossbreeds and makes seeds. so i know they will be good, thanx for lookin out for me.

Flex- i will most definatly try that, sounds like an excellent method, 48 hours, thats my kind of germinaton time :D thanx alot flex, u've beena big help

Thanx again to you both

Dank

19. hero- ill try one seed with the light and one without, just to test both methods:D thank you for your help as well, its appreciated.

Dank

20. I find that the moment the sprout breaks the top soil layer, it immediatly requires photosynthesis (thus produced from the lights). I dont literally mean "bake" them.. thats just my slang.. keep the lights on from the moment they you plant them.. that way, as soon as the surface, they start growing..

You wont argue when you go from an ungerminated seed to a 1inch stem with first set of immature leaves in 24 hours..:cool:

FLEX