Grow in Computer box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by djbaseball24, Mar 8, 2007.

1. So I recently got a new computer, would it be possible to have one or two plants inside the box the tower came in? Its pretty big. How would I close off the top part of the box any ideas? I would using CFL's, how many would you recommend for 2 plants?

2. Yeah its definately possible. I'd use a piece of plywood to cover the top. Its alot sturdier than cardboard to mount your lights/fans or whatever. Try and get a min. of 100 watts/plant. Good luck, and learn about LST to keep plant height down.

3. that does look like a very nice setup, but im using the box the computer came in not the actual computer case. But thanks for the info.

4. so its cardboard?

if so dont use it, you need to spend money to get a sucesful grow.

if your not willing to spend money dont bother.

5. Here are the things you should consider:

Cardboard absorbs humidity/moisture, and becomes very weak. Lining may help this, but it's not a perfect seal, meaning you may still end up with your box gathering moisture.

Cardboard/Moist Cardboard and electrical fixtures.......

Lighting...how would you hook it up? Bolt the lights inthe cardboard? Place a lamp IN the box...what about watering?....Plywood across the top...cool, hope it don't collapse on your plants.

Sure it's possible, anything is possible, now whether you burn your house down in the process is also possible. The risks of fire or electrical complications are already present in expensive grow schemes because people try to cut corners and don't anticipate/prepare for complications. Growing in a cardboard box is basically like growing your herb in one huge complication.

Maybe it's just me, but if I can't do it safely and know I have the bases covered, then it's not worth doing and risking myself, home, and family.