Grow house

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by msrita116, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Hello-

I am currently attempting to grow a Lowryder 2 plant in a 35 gal octagon aquarium. I am using a 19 watt aquarium light as well as a 75 watt grow light. Can anyone tell me if this will work or not, and if not why?

Thanks,:confused:

2. well it prolly would work good but you could use more, just buy a lot of cfl lights
    i have 17 of them, i dont use all of them on one plant, but i use 9 cfl lights for my one plant ,so thats a good bit

3. Where to start...I'm going with will not work well at all. Are you using the aquarium as a pot for soil or did you incorporate it into a bubbler type of system?

If soil, there is no drainage as well as piss poor ventilation. The fluorescent light is ok, but you will need more of them and a way to raise them as the plants (50/50 shot of each plant being male unless feminized seed) grow above the rim of the aquarium.

The 75 watt grow light, that's an incandescent light bulb, right? If so, it's a waste of money to run it. Be better to add more fluorescents.

Might be time to read a grow guide or two (some stuck to this forum and the beginners forum) to get an idea of the minimal requirements to grow cannabis.

Good luck.

4. And it may not be an issue with a big aquarium, but you don't want light hitting the roots. Like Fencewalker said, ditch the aquarium light, and add 3-4 more CFLs. That should suffice for one LR2 plant.