Grow help/ Grow advice!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Whitebreadd, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Hi everyone was wondering if an experienced grower could help me out here. So I just got my northern lights autos and going to germinate with bottled spring water and going to put them straight into 5 gallon fabric pots with fox farm ocean forest with a light perlite mix after they germinate. now here is the question when I put the seeds into the soil should I pH the spring water down to a 6.4 or 6.5 and water just with that for about a week? Or as soon as I put them in the soil should I start right off the bat watering with ro water mixed with calmag at a 6.4 or 6.5. And if I have to water with just the spring water phed at first then start using ro water okay but another question is should I mix the calmag into the ro water every time I water? If anyone could please explain or help I would greatly appreciate it thanks so much.

2. Not a pro, but here ya go! OF is great I’ve used it and had no problems and water Phed first week with low dose of cal/mag. Then slowly started a nut reg. I don’t use RO water so I couldn’t give you a answer on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. yes, you use calmag with r.o water everytime. otherwise it has absolutely nothing in it. Follow the label. i think its 1 tsp per gal

4. Okay so I should just start right away with the ro water mixed with calmag

5. Unless your making your own RO water its unnecessary to purchase RO by the gallon.
    Tap water by it self has always germinated my seeds . wet paper towel method on a plate and bowl on top. Drain any puddles. Place above refrigerator in cabinets is my favorite. I don't even pH the tap before I germinate and root clones.
    PH adjustment is for microbial benefits and nutrient availability to plants with foliage.

Fox farm ocean forest is not my perferd method. Only enough nutes for a few weeks maybe a month of vegetative growth before botteled nutrients are must.

Fabric prune pots may be a good idea or may not be one at all. I havnt seen any organic or even soil mediums used in fabric prune pots before. Could go either way. Fabric prune pots are best for soilless mediums that don't break down. Like coco coir.

6. I actually don't do soil so i'm not sure how you do anything in soil. but I would assume so. in hydro i use water with calmag only for the first week or so of the seedlings life.