Grow/Flower box for the Serious Grower (low power usage)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DierWolf, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Well heres my design for low power consumption T8 growbox.

Specs :

* Wood Construction
    * Grow area is 4ft wide x 3ft deep x 3ft high. (not for the stealth user)
    * Total lumens is 30,500 lumens.
    * Glass front so you can see in but plants cant see out or get light from outside (for
    during flowering)
    * Glass divider between light compartment and grow area so that taller plants wount
    touch bulbs.
    * Seperate light compartment exhaust fan w/ passive air intake
    * Grow Area with 4" high volume 110v Server Case cooling fan w/ passive air intake.
    * Light bank consists of 5 4ft two tube flourescents (3050 lumens per bulb)

Here are the pictures :

Attached Files:

2. and finally the airflow sections of the box.

Attached Files:

3. Wow very cool idea man. Those pictures are a great add, too. I bet people wouldnt know what the hell you were talking about if you didnt. Nice growbox! :)

4. DierWolf your a my Saviour.:D This is just the design I'm looking for.thanks for the demo:)

5. Cool! How the light don't enter the growbox if you have windows in it? 3 feets high is enough? Able to put the light very close to the plant with this setup? No HPS light? How many more once do you plan to yeild with this serious growbox!?!!?? :p

Bye :smoking::smoking:

6. Suggest you check the date/time of your post and the date of mine my friend. I dont steal ideas, i have 2 of these built for 2 indoor growers friends of mine over a year ago. Just decided to draw it up and share it.

Or do you believe within 3 hours i redesigned yours in cad, and then uploaded it? I looked at your design afterwards and thought, wow all of a sudden a flash of new designs.

Mine is not for Stealth and to be hidden and for growing many plants not 1 or 2 small plants.

7. at over 30,000 lumens you dont need to need to have the lamps any closer.

No. no HPS lighting which generate excessive amounts of heat, this is designed for low cost and will give a very good veg and very good yeild for the amount of light it puts out.

Suncell has the same sort of setup but they do not have cooling for the bulbs or seperator between the bulbs and the grow area, so when the plants touch they will eventually burn the leafs. Unit is also taller than theirs and they admit you have to select the right strain or you will have problems with overgrowth.

Yes 3 feet high is enough with the correct pot size, this is designed to grow with medium pots and many of them. 6 inch high pot+ 20 inch plant still leaves 10 inches for budding (based on plant growing another 50% during flowering)

Light will not enter the growbox with Limo Mirror tint inverted, so you will be able to see inwards but not outwards. buy a roll and test for yourself.

8. http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=107899

I suggest YOU check the post times, i posted mine 4 hours before yours. And seeing as how i drew them myself in 10 fucking minutes, yeah, you ripped off my design big time. Fuck you man.

And as for "Mine is not for Stealth and to be hidden and for growing many plants not 1 or 2 small plants." If you werent a douchebag and looked at the dimensions, you'd see they're almost the same fucking dimensions! Thanks for playing, but you lose.

9. LOL nice edit, strange the entire drawing of yours was a square box and now its lengthened.. who's trying to steal who's idea here???

Plus last night you had no dimensions on it what so ever other than he height.

Notice in my post which is never edited (like yours) is also is guessing what size it is??? coz there was like only one dimension???

Only looser here is you... (im sure i will get another warning for calling you a looser and you get nothing for calling me a douchebag)

And yes yours does look like it was drawn in 10 minutes.

Your right, Game over, but if i did really steal it, let me quote you here on what you said ==> "and i know there are room for improvements".

And may i quote another, this time your title of your thread which clearly shows "Get yer stealth cabinet here" didnt know a 4ft long box could be that very stealth which is why i said mine was NOT for stealth purposes.

Nuff said.

10. PS 4 flourescent tubes (as you stated) would not be nearly enough light for that size of a box. maybe the original box but not your new one :)

11. ehhh... were all trying to do the same thing... grow weed!!!! i really like the design. contemplating on making it, or miniature verson..lol

both of you stop complaning

12. how many plants could you LST in that? i'm talking super bushy =)

13. I know you said low cost, but why not go ahead with the T5's if you're going to go through all that trouble to build a nice grow box, might as well get the best lighting for the design.

14. I see a small possibe issue with this design.
    With 360W of power in such a cramped space you'll want more and better airflow in the lamp section. I sure wouldn't dare try it in my attic.
    I think 20C-25C would be optimum temperature for the tubes, any hotter or cooler and you'll loose lumens/watt so you may want to set this as a target.

You could add a series of fans on the left side of the box and an intake hole on the right. This should give you optimal airflow but you'll have to build 2 more 'labyrinths' to keep the box lightproof.

15. And O yeah :

[​IMG]

Dier's 08-07-2006 08:50 AM is earlier then

[​IMG]

pooflinggaz69's 08-08-2006 04:42 AM

Pooflingaz69 go hide in shameyou evildoer!:mad:
    Hail DierWolf , another wonderful contribution to GC.:gc_rocks:

16. owned....
    +rep

17. I hide my stash up my ass at all times. preserves the funk.

18. That would make a real nice clone room.
    Subtract the height of any type of hydro system and you have limited groth.
    R.

19. People these days lol