Grow equipment and the law

Discussion in 'Security' started by budkid, Mar 29, 2013.

1. I have a lot of grow equipment, for a perpetual grow. Two tents, HPS and cfl bulbs. However my grow is no longer a secret :( due to stupid decisions.

Basically i'm concerned someone will report me, and i'm wondering what would happen if the police bust my door down on thermal imaging evidence (uk toker) and a tip off. But all they found was grow equipment being used legally for normal plants. Wouldn't want to waste all that money i spent :cool:

Would they have to pay for the damage they caused? Would they leave me alone forever because i hadn't done anything illegal (can't exactly kick my door in twice :D)

I'm not sure. Like i could pack it all away but it seems like a real shame. At least if i grew legal plants without any trouble maybe i could grow one weed plant at some random point in time, this decreasing the chances of actually getting busted for growing weed?

2. IF they showed up with a warrant and a raid team they would knock on the door first. If you have nothing to hide open it for them and let them have their fun. No busted door to repair.

3. Ex-girlfriends, ex-roomates, selling, etc are probably 99% of the reason someone would be reported to the police to begin with. I am in the USA, so I am not sure how easily warrants can be obtained in the UK. The police cannot use FLIR without a warrant in the USA, but from what I understand they can in the UK. (?) However, I don't believe thermal imaging would ever register a CFL grow. Anyways, my advice is to stop growing for a short time. If you have told someone, invent a reason for them to come over and let them "discover" that you have disassembled your grow room. After a while people will forget about you. Don't make the same mistake and let anyone else know.