Grow design and setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by EndlessNugz420, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Ok so ive read what seems like a million design guides and i think im ready to take the plunge and try out my first grow. I need some help setting up the grow though. Im going to be growing in a closet, dimensions 5'L x 2'D x 8'H. The walls are already a flat white and i will be doing a final cleaning before construction. My first concern is going to be security..my roommates are in on the adventure but we will be having people over. I guess i am going to need a carbon filter attached to the ventilation, anyone have any suggestions on how to mount this? I would like to minimize cost by using fluro's. I was thinking 4 x 4' shop lights hanging above and maybe another set on the wall.
    1) Is this going to provide enough light for my space?

Im also having trouble trying to figure out how to make it light tight, as the doors to open it are sliding and provide a large area to cover. Anybody have any suggestions?

It is going to be a soil grow.
    I have read about sea of green and am considering trying it. How does this compare to having just a few plants that we let get really big? We are interested in higher yields simply because its going to be for 3 people. How many plants can we really grow in this space?

Finally, ive been toying with the idea of splitting the closet into 2-4' high growing chamber. Is this a smart thing to do? Can it be done? And can i somehow vent both chambers into one carbon filter?

Im sorry if some of these questions are dumb...ive read so many threads that im just unsure of pretty much everything now. Any help would be awesome.

2. You can put a lock on your cabinet. Just go to your local hardware store. It's the same kind of lock that you see on locking file cabinets etc. It won't stop somebody with a crowbar but it will definitely keep the curious out.

3. I am not working with a cabinet but rather just a closet. Thanks for the thought though