Grow density and node spacing

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Bdsnacks, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Hey guys i got a few questions
    Been growing for a few years now and youll have been such a huge help in my journey. Right now ive been trying to work on my plant density getting more per sqft. And do youll think i can get more than what i currently have now?(see photos)

Also how do i get my nodes more densed. My spacing seems to be all over the place. These plants are from a mother but some stretched alot others look great. Any suggestions? 20221028_103824.jpg 20221028_103811.jpg 20221028_103856.jpg 20221028_103907.jpg 20221028_103849.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Could be genetics, could be poor lighting. They look healthy and happy tho. Your light looks pretty far from the tops too. You could look into super cropping, that might help with what you got going on now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Side note, I also believe that flipping the plants to flower at the right time plays a big part in final density as well. Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. the method you used here encourages the plants to stretch, being so crowded and all ...like growing hemp in the old days little space permits florid growth, also red of the light(2700K) stimulates the hormones to stretch, using less red in the early days ..using cool white(6500K) like the light from a M/H will makes the plants grow squat like:, as these are in flower ...too late now but next grow use a mix of light, both red and cool white.

good luck

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The electric sky 300 recommends 18" in flower its at about 16" now...do you think i should go closer?

6. No I don't think you should have to go closer than that...I mean you could, but if you're already at 16 I don't think closer would help at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you

8. During seedling stage I keep a fluorescent light almost touching the top of the seedling. I keep it this way as long as possible until transplant and my first 4-5 nodes are VERY close together. First pic close light. 2nd pic node spacing. 3rd pic even canopy.
    sprout.JPG d15f4.JPG d57f.JPG

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. If they are from the same mother and some are stretching and some are not, then it must be the lighting. Are the stretched ones on the outside?