Grow Closet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sIIooo, May 11, 2010.

1. Lol i was wondering the same thing

2. Admirable work. Previous building and engineering experience, I presume?

Any chance of us seeing the schematics if there are any? :X

3. #23 sIIooo, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    I am going to have one in both just for Shits and giggles, I want to try to get as much of the smell gone as possible.

I dont really have any building experience at all actually haha. I am actually pretty bad at it there were mistakes made along the way but it came out nice. I dont really have the schematics on it its 7'L x 6'W x 3.5'D. I am waiting on a few things to finish it but here is a quick update pic.

[​IMG]

or 2, the ladies in temporary setup till its done.

[​IMG]

4. thats fuckin smart man! how think plywood did you use n get to screw in all those fans and lights?

5. Dude your a god at builing this. really amazing job. Great shit +rep

6. Thanks man, it's actually drywall on the back and sides and the doors are plywood. Don't remember the thickness, I want to say 5/8.

Thanks a lot, it has taken a lot of work but I think it came out well can't wait till it's totally finished.

7. I hope you don't mind a few pointers.

Next time I'd recommend using the blue drywall or solid plywood.. Drywall is like chaulk.. It sucks up humidity and gets mushy. The blue stuff is for bathrooms and is moisture resistant.

I'd spray/brush the entire interior of your cab with primer then flat white indoor/outdoor latex. It's almost as reflective as mylar but super cheap and it doesn't tarnish/wreck if you get nuts on it.. Just wipe it clean and you're good as new. Even if you still go with mylar at least the entire interior will be waterproof.

And as far as security goes.. Again, solid 3/4 hardwood plywood will cost more but you can't punch a hole in it. Mount your hinges properly on the inside and install a few locks and you don't have to worry about anyone stumbling across your "storage box"

Other than a few novice construction errors that's pretty slick. I've been planning something very similar. =) Happy growing.

8. thanks for the tips, I am going to paint the whole thing in an oil based gloss white and as far as people not getting into it it's in a room with a locked door so I'm good in that aspect. Thanks again for the comments.

9. Ok so I need some tips I am growing soil and I want to put up a screen in the flower side but I won't be able to take the plants out to water them so I need to figure out a way to let them drain somewhere and how to get the water there.

10. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm going to be starting my flowering very soon and will need to move them to the other side. I am going to start a grow journal too so I and others can keep track.

11. #32 sIIooo, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
  12. looks nice :hello:

13. I'm in the midst of constructing a flowering which appears to be the exact same size as your flowering chamber, but I'm having problems deciding what exhaust fan to use to minimize cost and odor. I'm leaning towards a standard 4' inline fan and a DIY carbon scrubber, just wondering what you're using for exhaust and how well it's managing odor (not sure how far your plants are in to flowering).

14. and I apologize, I forgot to give you credit for your craftsmanship. awesome work bud

15. Thanks airliner I have 2 4" exhausts that go to carbon scrubbers I just started flowering yesterday so I haven't had any odor yet.

16. how much did you spend on those light fixtures and where did you get them if you don't mind me asking?

17. Dude what happen to u?? Are u done growing??

18. Hey sorry guys sorry I didn't see these posts. I bought my light off craigs list for 180 and the veg light I got from htg(high tech garden) a looong time ago and I dont remember what I paid but it was cheap. No I'm still growing if you look at the link in my sig, I have 2 plants flowering right now and more veging come take a look.