Grow closet door fell on my girl ~ broke the main stem right in half

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Buhdtyme, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Grow closet door fell on my girl ~ broke the main stem right in half.

I taped it back together.

Will the top half of my plant die?

Will the rest of the plant still work?

Will a new main stem start growing again?

I can already notice the leaves look like death....fell limp almost immediately.

WOW me dolt.

2. it could heal itself, smart thinking taping it... best of luck:cool:

3. Stalk it up and tape it. Just hope for the best. Sorry about that, I'd be really upset if it happened to one of my girls.

4. My condolences bro....that sucks. It sounds like you have done about all you can do. Its just a waiting game now.

5. damn! one of my lights fell on the cola last night, damaged the top stem a little but this morning it looks fine.. i hope yours gets better bro!!! pray to the ganja gods

6. If your still in the veg stage, I say cut the top off and plant it(cloning)

7. It could and should heal itself, if you stake it up. There is a technique called super cropping where you intentionally bend/break the stem over to produce more yield. The plant will scar at the break, but should survive. Sounds like you did the right thing.....maybe stake it up too if you can. Good luck.

8. Your probably going to have to self water it now. Use a spray bottle and spray it on the leaves above the break. Without a stem, there is no way for nutrients to travel up the plant. Also, what type of tape did you use? There is such a thing called plant tape. If you can't find any, electrical tape would be your next best.

• Like Like x 1
  9. yes i think also it is the best idea

and i really think also the if veg the lower half will be fine too:(

10. Yo hope she gets better. My DIY sucks and my first build almost killed my girls, my huge carbon filter fell and almost landed on my gilrs! I bought a tent for my girls a week later. Hope you have the problem fixed.