Grow cabinet ventilation help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jwtruth35, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Please bear with me I'm an extreme noob. As a matter of fact I'm still trying to plan how to build my grow cabinet for my 1st time.

Thanks to all for so much information already. I feel like my head is spinning from all the reading and learning so far.

So I'm building a small office in the basement and custom building a grow cab. My ideal size will be 3' deep by 4' wide and up to the ceiling (just under 8') but it isn't set in stone.

The picture included shows the clone area on top at about 18" the veg/flower area on the bottom at about 5' and a middle space at about 8-10"

I'm assuming in a small area like this heat will be an issue without an air cooled tube/hood so I plan on using that with a hps 600 bulb. I also would like to vent through the middle compartment and then come out thru the floor of the clone area, and out the top on the other side of the chamber.

Thinking about how to do this has got me slightly bugged out on losing a ton of space with all the separate vent hoses and a zillion fans (I already planned on having an intake fan and a good exhaust fan but now it seems I need to add 2 more fans with the cool tube thing. I already figure there's no way around another intake fan for the air cooled hood, but has anyone tried to use one powerful fan (I was thinking maybe an 8" inline) to exhaust the cool tube and the grow space by attaching some kind of splitter so both can exit thru the same exhaust fan.

I hope this makes sense. If not, tell me I f'd up on explaining and I'll try again.

Also I'm trying to keep everything inside with 1 option of putting the exhaust fan and filter outside the box and build a cabinet around it.

Attached Files:

2. So long as noise in your basement is no problem, keeping the noisy stuff away from the grow room is a good idea, and easily muffled.

take a look at my library @ Grow Basics .pdf

peace
    "V"