Grow CAB

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by monzonkush, Aug 31, 2010.

1. i have a 48in T x 26W x 15 D. Is there any HPS that I could use that wouldnt over heat that amount of space? and would pc fans suffice for cooling a hps? help me please. I had a little half ass set up i used to veg for a while before i wud bring them to my grandpa to take care of.now another family member has told me i have the opportunity to some very good genetic lines clones and seeds, and i wud love to have those in my personal collection.please help!

2. Go with a high powered CFL grow light. I use a Vitalume 125W 6500k CFL that puts out 10,500 lumens and hardly any heat compared to HPS or MH. These lights are internally ballasted so thats also one less thing you have to buy and have around your CAB. They also have these lights available all the way up to 300W which should be more than enough for that setup

3. thanks +rep that helps me out alot. do they sale those at hardware stores?

4. I don't think Lowes sells the vitalume brand or any type of light bulb that would be similar. I got mine at a local gardening shop so if you have one where you leave that's a good place to check out prices on those. But if you are wanting to go with a less expensive and still legit you can get the spiral CFL's at Lowe's, Home Depot etc., you'll just have to get a few of them in there to get the total amount of light you want. The 6500k color temp (usually the daylight) is great for vegging while the 2700k is better for the flowering stage. A mix of both throughout would prob be best

5. You could go LED's( they work good ), but you could also get a air cooled hood (works very well) and run the digital ballasts that lets you run either a HPS or MH depending on veg or flower.

Maybe the CFL's work, don't know, aint never used em' other than on my clones, but a lot of folks do and seem to like em'.

HD