grow busted. no charges.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AtoZinc, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Hello all,
    Just discovered the “real life stories” section of the forum. I have an experience that almost changed my life forever, and managed to get out without any charges.
    About 4 years ago, I was into growing mushrooms for my personal use and my roommate. I enjoyed this hobby and never was in it for the money. Only sold a couple times to close friends of my friend. What a mistake that was. My roommate sold marijuana on the side, just to fund his smoking.
    So, I'm about to start drinking at another friends house and I get a phonecall from my roommate. he asked me to come home real quick. I didn't think anything of it. I was sober . I got in my car and drove into my driveway. There was these homeless/hillbilly looking dude in the driveway. I got out the car and he came up to me and asked me my name. I hesistated for a second and asked him who wanted to know. In the back of my mind, I knew something wasn't right. He then told me, state trooper sgt. Smith (not real name). my heart dropped. I literally saw my life flash before my eyes.
    He tells me to go into my house and wait in the living room. I open the door and what do I see? A 6 foot 4 inch uniformed state trooper in my living room. All my roommates sitting on the couch. I couldn't believe this was happening.
    What happened was someone ratted on me and told the police that I was growing mushrooms. We figured it out who it was. He was sentenced for another crime and I guess he got a bargain deal with this. That's the theory. Anyway, the situation that happened prior to this meeting in the living room was the troopers came to the door and just wanted to talk to me and said they would have been on there merry way. Instead, my roommate was smoking weed in the living room which is also the front enterance to our place. When he opened the door, a huge cloud of marijuana smoke hit the two troopers. That's when it went sour.
    They held all four of us in the living room and waited for the judge to sign the search warrant. They brought out the dog and started to search the place. They tore apart the place. Shit was everywhere! They found my grow and started to interrogate me. I just stood there and didn't state a word. I kept silent. He was pissed that I wasn't spilling my guts. He went back and forth trying to get me to talk. I didn't talk. He took me into my room and asked me about the grow. By that time I knew the game was over. They had all the evidence. They had my friends 4 ounces of weed he had in his closet.
    He said he never seen a mushroom grow, just marijuana. He was really interested in how I grew them. I started to speak about it. He became really friendly. Of course. He seemed pretty impressed. They took my bowl and all my equipment. After this happened, I couldn't stay at my place. I went back to my friends place and took 2 ambiens and passed out. The trooper told me he would talk to the local DA and see what charges were going to be filed against me. They were handling my friends case seperately. He told me he would call me in the morning.
    The next morning, I get a call from the trooper. He said, “I got good news and bad news.” I told him I wanted the good news first. He said, “the good news is, we are not going to charge you with anything. The bad news is, we're going to confiscate all your equipment.” I started laughing instead. I couldn't believe it. I got off. I wasn't even booked or mug shot. My friend on the other hand was booked and processed a couple days later. I believe he cut a deal and pleaded guilty. I know his plea deal saved me. I know the deal, but I wont mention it. I'm truly grateful to him. He had a criminal record prior. Just drug related. Nonviolent, victimless crime. To this day, I still don't believe this happened. My motto from now on is, “loose lips sink ships.”
    Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Take care and be safe!

2. damn. what state are you in?

3. sound like you hang around dedicated ppl

if i were you, i would have another 4 ounces waiting for him just for taking the hit like that

4. Lucky you have a friend for saving your ass like that. You're very lucky.

5. great friend you got bro, i agree...have some weed waiting for him. True friends like that are hard to find

6. i've thanked him. he knows i appreciated what he did. he took the plea deal to save his ass first. i just happened to get off. i'm guessing they didn't want the bust going public and them not able to work something out, if you know what i mean. i haven't seen him in 3 years. probably will see him in a month.

7. You can get 3 YEARS.
    i did not realize it was that big of charge
    if you dont mind me asking how "personal size" was it

8. Damn, you are very lucky.

9. I don't even think they can charge you with growing mushrooms,just tell them you left a dirty bowl out for a really long time lol.

10. I believe they didn't press charges because they had no consent of the owner of the house to enter. Making whatever evidence they find inside void in court.

11. umm, a cloud of marijuana smoke is kinda probable cause to enter the home...

12. if only herb was "legal"...
    Then we could all smoke in peace

13. A mushroom grow op looks nothing like a dirty bowl. Charges for growing shrooms are usually much harsher than those of marijuana production.

14. #14 3-H, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
    That is some lucky shit to find someone that will catch a fall like that.

15. Living in the dam a few years ago and a friend asked me if I could get them some hash not a lot 1.5 metric tonne Okay people this is how shitty it gets inthe eeeeuuu. sorted out the deal and went off to france 5 months later arrived back in uk arrested at the airport and charged with Knowingly concerned in the importation of said hash, the evedence ,they were english spekers and so was I. My defense I sold it in holland .THe mans reply, get dutch customs to request extradition if not guilty in uk. My mistake No gloves on the weigh up. stay safe grow well and often:eek:

16. ^ What he said. Sounds like you were in luck there man, good on you :)

17. What?????