grow boxes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by alex816, Jan 15, 2007.

1. hey im a total beginner at growing and i have been doing alot of research about it. i wanna get a grow box but i dont want to build one. so i was wondering if anyone knew of any grow boxes that you can buy and if they have input on how they like it

2. all i know is if you buy one pre-built, your gonna get raped on the price. go to walmart or homedepot and look at their storage cabinets. it doesn't take much to modify it to what you need.

3. The vast majority of the folks here created their own box or grow space, and generally we diss the pre-fabs because they are outrageously expensive and pretty small for what you get. The sellers of such units are counting on people like you to be intimidated by all the equipment and supply needs. Instead, hang here at GC for a bit and learn more, you will quickly gain enough confidence to design and create something that fits your space and needs much better, with hundreds or even thousands of dollars saved.

Home Depot has a line of cabinets from Mill's Pride that many have modified to be a grow cab. Also check here on GC there is a forum on grow room design and set-up, lots of idea starters and helpful advice there.

4. yep, mills pride is what i bought. total cost of cab (all equipment, not nutes and stuff) $370 + or -. to buy a grow-cab that size would cost $1000 easily.

5. is there any website that has detailed instructions on how to build it??

6. if you go to the growroom design and set-up section you'll probly find plans.

7. I do believe steve edg put a link up to his own grow box thread, btw your box is very nice and shiny, props to you bro.

Yeah I also second the "getting raped" part about retail prices for growboxes. Personally, a nice pre-fab cabinet from Home Depot, some vent. equipment, a mini-DWC system and (eventually) some LED tracks and maybe a few CFLs.. a weekend or two and some one-on-one time with the box..... uh oh better zip up before someone comes unexpectedly ;)

nanu nanu

8. Yes just check out the different set-up ppl have come up with, find one that looks to fit your needs and build it, basicly all you need is some 2x4s some black and white poly, stapler, screws and saw to cut your 2x4s.

9. I've been using the hardware cabs myself. My main cab I got at Lowes but I just put together a smaller clone/veg cab that I picked up at Home Depot. Larger cab was $100, smaller cab was $60.00.