Grow Box Ventilation

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TurboDude66, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Hey fellow potheads, I just finished constructing my grow box today and its dimensions are 58 inches tall, 20 inches deep and 28 inches wide. I've got a 250 watt MH/HPS system on its way in the mail along with a 24 watt T5 and 2 32 watt cfl's in the 6,500k range. I was considering installing the T5 vertically on the back wall and then the two cfls on the side with socket adapters which allow them to twist and bend to the appropriate height etc. My concern is adequate ventilation. I'm planning on just drilling holes twoards bottom of box and just installing an exhaust fan. I've got an air purifier i was thinking about placing in the box as well since it will help with airflow and also filter the air. What size exhaust fan do you think I should install and anything else I really need to finish this bad boy up?

Attached Files:

2. Im sure a 4" or 6" inline duct fan would work.

3. What I'd do is put a passive intake on the very bottom back wall.  Something like 4"x8" then cut a hole in the very top for the PC fan which would exhaust air up and out.

Not sure why the air purifier would help with venting, but it might help to control some of the smell.