Grow Box users... Any out there?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by On a Cloud, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Ive saved up some cash and want a decent setup with some discreetness to it. So ive been checking out some grow chambers and boxes and am wondering if anyone here uses something like this??

[​IMG]

I could also get a new top so I could grow like 4 at a time instead of 32 like this setup... I plant to grow indica so I think this should work good for what I want.

Or would an open system be better (Like a room in my house). Thanks for any info/advice on this. :rolleyes:

2. You didnt post dimensions, but I can tell you your going to want way more room than that, even with just 4. I would suggest either building your own or purchasing a grow tent.

3. Im also in the market for a good grow tent, that doesnt get too hot. I'll be watching this trying to get ideas for a grow tent. welcome to the world of growing, good luck.

4. Here is some nice big grow boxes that work very good.
    I have sen people get very nice yields off these things.
    A little expensive though
    http://bcnorthernlights.com/

5. anyone know of any that are USA based companies, or ship to the USA?

6. BC Northern ships to the US, I just got off the phone with them.

$3800 shipped to me... A little steep for me right now, but I bet it would be worth it for sure.

Anyone ever build something quality like this? Im all about building something, Im just no engineer.

7. wow for that price, im going to be building my own i think out of plywood and 2x4's. I can build one for like $100 in materials, just gotta have a place to build it is my problem. I was looking ot spend no more than like $250 for tent/box.

8. I feel ya, after I got the quote and started thinking about it, I got a perfect spot in my garage I can build a little room into without it even being obvious. I priced everything out at Lowes today and to get the entire room made along with the ducting and sealing the inside is a tab bit under $300. I can swing that, plus Ill take more pride in it since I made it :)

Ill make sure to post updates as I start working on it.

9. cant wait to see it being built! love getting ideas for mine. hope to start getting materials and building around the 1st of next month.

10. I think you will be happy with your decision. I built mine and am finishing up my first havest in it. (harvested 2 and have 2 more to go next weekend)

Take care to pay attention to ventilation and light leakage. Also I put mine on a set wheels which has turned out to be very handy a few times.

Attached Files:

11. what size is your grow box? i would love some pics from the outside.

12. how do your lights adjust up and down? im thinking about attaching them to a board and being able to raise and lower them that way, but im worried about getting light to the sides too.

13. Sunlight Sheds in Niagra Falls, NY
    They sell a few different types of boxes at modest prices.

Those people will ship to the states......but for puchases over a few hundred dollars you have to provide a social security number because of security increases from 9/11. I almost bought a cab from them but didn't because of that.

You can build something like that with plywood from your local hardware store and a drill with a bit kit. Just buy the components.

14. Mine are not adjustable right now. This was a slight oversight but hasn't bothered me. My solution is: when they are very small: I put them on stands to get them closer to the lights.When they got big, I just built small wire cages of chicken wire around the lights to keep the plants from growing into them. Sorta like a scrog, but around the lights instead of the plants. Also the y splitters allowed me to put light up top and down lower on the plants. I've considered making the lights adjustable but what I'm doing seems to work and it keeps the plants from growing too high, as they won't grow much higher than the light level.

Here is the top cola from a euforia I just harvested:

Attached Files:

15. Dont know much about them. But have heard bad things about them and there grow boxes being very poor quality and not working right.

16. Yeah....it's funny you saiid that actually. I don't really like them either. They are pricks on the phone and take forever to ship their products. But......when you don't want to do the work yourself, it's worth it I guess.

I got a mini cab from them and everything that came with it. The hydro unit is extremely poorly built, the carbon scrubber is a piece of crap,and the ozone generator they install in the carbon scrubber burns out after a week. Basicaly everything that comes with it blows except for the conversion bulb and the fans.

Everything worked with the one I bought from them. The cab is actually a decent build, it's just everything that comes with it that is worthless.

17. hi all....just reading through the thread...ive come across the same problem...trying to figure out something to use to raise some ladies in....i built my box based off the old C25 cab grows from back in the day on OG....you can find this cab at home depot for $100...i added two intake line fans....only 80 cfn or whatever it is.....one for intake (at the bottom)...and the exhaust up top...but they seem insufficent when i have my light in there a 400 watt MH/HPS it stays to hot...so a recommendation on an adequate ventilation system upgrade would be nice with easy on the pockets in mind...my only complaint about the cabinet is the back...which i will be ripping off and replacing it with 1/4 plywood...and does anyone know of a light sealing agent i could use on my doors because the weatherstripping sucks and dont stick...here are pics of my cab to help grasp a visual..here is the link to where they are...all comments and suggestions are most welcomed....http://flickcabin.com/public/viewset/293....thanks...the kid sp

18. BE AWARE OF GROW TENTS, ive been through 4, 3 where bad, killing my plants. google "hydrohuts killing plants" for more info on that. i went through 1 bad hydrohut, & 2 bad hydrofarm habitats, & im now useing a Homebox w/ great results.