Grow box size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rocketmanrich, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Hello again.... yes... it's the noob. I have asked a lot of questions so far, received plenty of awesome advice so I will ask some more. For my first grow experience, my plan was or is to grow two different varieties, maybe only 2-3 plants for the first go around. As I have said previously, I do have a shed outdoors where I will grow. My question is in all reality, how big of a box would I even need. In an effort to save a few bucks, I thought instead of using the whole shed,I could just build a smaller box inside the shed. What would an optimal size box be to fit this amount of plants, assuming the plants I choose stay somewhat short in stature throughout. Thanks once again to everyone offering up their experience for a desperate noob who can't wait to get the seeds in the soil!!!!!

2. depends

3. Absol-tutely!

If you NEED to go small? Then you should have some idea of how small you NEED to go? That, very well, may dictate what kind of grow (SOG/SCROG) And/or what equipment you will need to use? Like CFL/T5/LED versus HID lighting, due to heat considerations.

Or, if space isn't too much of an issue. Like if you can use the entire shed? You have a ton of options. You can use soil or use pretty much any of the different hydro techniques. HID/CFL/LED for lights. Lots of advantages to using HIDs. You can grow em tall. Or, grow em bushy. You can even entertain growing 2 (or more) different strains. Which is tougher, with space limitations. You can add side lighting. Or perhaps even a 2nd HID? So many options :smoking:

Good luck and keep that shed a secret :D

R2T

4. A grow space is never too big.