Grow box size requirements?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SouthernDude, Jul 19, 2012.

1. #1 SouthernDude, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
    I'm about to start a northern light grow and I have no idea if my box is big enough for two plants. I made my grow box from a crate I found at work. The box is 5' tall, 2' wide, and 18" deep. With a little effort I could expand the depth to two feet. I'm only wanting to grow two ladies at a time since its only me that smokes. Is this enough space for two plants under 8 100w 6500k cfls. I have repurposed a four bulb vanity light fixture and put 4 splitters in it to run the eight bulbs. It's an attic grow so using a 4" inline fan from lowes I plumbed the intake into my home a/c. I'm using a 76 cfm computer fan for exhaust. I'm going to attach some two inch extruded foam insulation to the outside of the box in an attempt to insulate it. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Nobody...Well I guess i'll try two in it and see how it works. I'll post again when my seeds get here. Hopefully they'll be here this week.