Grow Box from 56" TV (pics) Need Ideas!!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Stadium, Sep 21, 2012.

1. I'm about to trash this

Think I could just hollow the thing out turn the front screen or something into a hinged door? I'd have to glue the screen to a piece of Particle board or something.
    I think the mirror is made of mylar... It's called a Glassless Mirror

[​IMG]
    Back off
    [​IMG]
    Reflector Mirror....
    [​IMG]
    Back of TV with Mirror out.
    [​IMG]

2. Any Ideas Anyone?

3. I'm stubbed that would be a good stealth box good luck.

4. I have something similar, but wish I had made or bought a tent.

Depending on the thickness of the wood, you'll have to deal with heat. I had to get a pretty good fan to cool mine with the lights on (veg chamber).

5. Run the power through the tv's power line... Line the inside with mylar, Idk how you'd do a light set up... not like you can drill through it... wouldn't be as discreet. Most of those tv's have vents in the back, light proofing should be a priority.

6. I would spray the screen of the tv (on the inside ) with white paint.....

if you have lights on it will just pour through

7. Mount an LCD panel in the front sacrifice a small chamber for it and vent separately. Use it is a TV and grow behind. I bet it's on wheels so make a grow box at the rear.

8. Gut that bad boy out and go to town man. I would make a passive intake on the bottom and use some large multi-blade high CFM fans to exhaust through. I would also think about scroggin that bad boy. Just fill it up with green.

Good luck man.

9. I have seen grow cabinets made out of much worse things than this. I would take out the bottom part to get yourself more room for the grow, paint the inside walls a nice white color. Computer fans for exhaust since it's not a huge grow space. I would also think of using either CFLs or a T5 would fit in there. Become anal about light leaks from this, put wheels on the bottom if there aren't any. Cut the front off put hinges, with a latch to keep it shut. OR since it has wheels have the opening in the back. Make sure to vaccuum the carpet in front of it to hide the wheel marks.

Can easily get a nice healthy plant in there.