Grow Box - First Time

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by smrtprts, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Hi there,

I am relatively new to GC, although i have read many threads on here and finally started building my micro grow box. I took MicroGrow's thread, and read it through several times :hello: and then built mine based off of that.

Each chamber's dimensions are:
    13.5"x16" LxW
    24" H

I need help on the lighting and exhaust setup. I was originally going to use HID lights, with one MH and one HPS, both 250w and a 400+ CFM exhaust fan.

Here is where i am running into trouble. I dont know if i have enough room to fit the HID lamps and reflectors. So i decided maybe i would try CFL's but my buddy at my local horticulture shop told me that i really want to go with the HID lights. So I'm stuck there. The exhaust will primarily be based off of what lights i use due to the heat factor.

I am growing organically and plan to do just 1 plant at a time in the flowering chamber. Note that this is my first grow ever. I will be posting pics as i progress through the grow process.

Now GC community, what would you recommend?
    Any help or advice is welcomed. :D

Attached Files:

2. Seems pretty nice, but make sure you have enough ventilation, wood has a tendency to hold on to heat like no other.

3. Yeah i will have 2 exhaust holes in the top back of each compartments, with passive air intakes at the bottom. The exhaust fan will be hooked up to the back of that with some exhaust tubing

4. Any advice on the light setup?

5. Consider PL L 36W or higher fluorescent tubes. Good for low heat and also can be space evenly along the top of your cabinet. I did it in my grow case.

6. Thanks for the suggestions! I have the cab mostly completed and will update with pics later tonight. Thinking of starting seeds this weekend! Super excited :)

I ended up going with 4x 42w 6500k bulbs in one cab, then 4x 42w 2700k in the other. Used mylar film for sides and top. Just need to hook up exhaust and get it tuned right.