Grow box - first time grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kamykazi3, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Hello evryone ! Im new here , i have planted in a pc grow box 3 white widdow femenized auromatic and as a first time grower im going trough some problems , first one is that the plants are outgrowing the box ! How can i solve this problem ? Best rehards

2. Here are somw pics of my grow

Attached Files:

3. Look up Low stress training..will bend down your growth.. Do not top an auto..only LST..look up in head chef thread he is a LST master

4. Since the plants are alredy this big isnt it too late to LST them now ?

5. Nah..as long as they ain't flowering..try tyind down the top a bit..

6. Id bend them over from the top as far as u can without snaping them and as branches grow keep tying them down heres 1 im lst ing atm shes around 3 inches above the soil

Attached Files:

7. That looks amazing ! Nice lst i should have started sonner , live and learn ! Thanks a lot for the replys !! Ill post some picks when i lst them

8. Just be gentle and ul be good tie the top down lower than ur other tops and tie down any secondary baranching check out chefs thread and lokis auto help page top info and always ther to help 😆

• Like Like x 1
  9. have you got a picture of the lower growth as it looks really streched

10. I was thinking of doing a of grow this year and was debating between using autos or standard plants and now I think my first run will be standard seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Get some feminized seeds..check out the vault or Herbie's..both have great selections and great prices..plus GC members get a discount.. Can't remember the code..
    You can search for some beginner strains..ones that are hardy and resistant to disease and newer grower mistakes like over watering etc..
    Northern lights..
    Special queen #1 by royal queen
    THC bomb and bomberry by mephisto
    Jack frost can't remember the breeder
    Strawberry haze

All great plants..but you might want indica since ur a micro grower.. They aren't as tall and bush out more..and a tip for your next veg..switch to flower when the girls are almost halfway to your top of your box..they will stretch hardcore during their first few weeks of flower..

12. Check out my grow journal in the indoor journal subforum..I am growing several of those right now if you want to see how they do..

13. Joe 60 do you mean the lower part of the plants ?

14. yes

looks like you put the plants in and let them strech up to the light

its best to use upside down pots and dvd cases ect to keep the top of the plant a few inchs off the light so they don't strech

15. Ohhh i did not knew that ..

16. Joe yeah they are as streached as they can be x) ill post some picks latter , once again ty very much for the help !

17. One more question , can i put this strain putside now or do you guys recomend i keep them on the grow box ?

18. as the plants are really streched
    you need them in a greenhouse or somewhere the wind not going to snap them in half

there is one thing you could do if you want to grow them outside (so you leave about 6" height)

remove most the leaves from the lower part of the plant and bury the stem as it would grow more roots and make the plant a lot stronger

use bamboo and ties to hold the top part of the plant in place

did with my strech toms this year and worked great :)

19. Im gona transfer my srrechies outside :)

20. how do i switch them to flower mode ? and can i do this with auto strains ?