grow box design need crits

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bubonik cronik, Jan 17, 2012.

1. working with a dresser 27 inch high 18 inch wide
    i am going to set up 4 23watt and 2 14 watt 6500k cfl for veg and 6 23watt cfl 2700k for flowering
    i have a 12v pc fan iam using for exhaust and holes for intake with a carbon filter on the outake fan
    i have a few febreeze auto dispensing canisters im setting up around the room
    i wanted to grow two plants i was debating autoflowering and feminized seeds what are peoples opinions on these kind of seeds as well?
    i was also thinking about a possible scrog net also but this i havnt decided on

all help and criticism is appreciated !:smoke:

2. You shouldn't need the febreeze if your carbon filter is working right having them everywhere just draws attention your covering something up:rolleyes: your pc fan not sure if it's an 80mm probably going to be to small i would run 2 120mm one intake and one exhaust (cfl's do put out fair amount of heat).bulb wise you should be ok.Now as for strains i personally would go with a good auto flower in that small of a space for your first grow. i would also scrog or lst them in that size of a space. good luck:smoke:

3. how do find out the size of your fan ?
    i have one fan i took from my old playstation which is 7v and i have a 12v fan i took from an old hardrive can you run more than one fan thru the same ac/dc convrter?
    i also read that it is better to use holes as the intake because the outake fan creates negative pressure?

4. [quote name='"bubonik cronik"']how do find out the size of your fan ?
    i have one fan i took from my old playstation which is 7v and i have a 12v fan i took from an old hardrive can you run more than one fan thru the same ac/dc convrter?
    i also read that it is better to use holes as the intake because the outake fan creates negative pressure?[/QUOTE]

I think there's a thread somewhere in here that shows you how to run 2 fans on one ac/dc. Use search)And also you don't need an intake fan if the temps are ok.

5. i have a very basic understanding of scrog growing would anyone care to elaborate ?

6. #6 thegamermojo, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
    you can run several 12v fans off a simple wall plug in transformer like the ones on a router or similar heavy use device that operates on 12v,80mm fans are usually the case fans stuck in older pc's you can find them on new egg or tiger direct for around 5 bucks and sorry but one 80mm fan will not be enough to push through a carbon scrubber and cool that many lights .scrog well that gets kinda involved but all you have to do is look on this sight a lot of people are running them.basically just plant training for horizontal growth rather than vertical and getting as many bud sites as possible in the grow footprint.and went back and re read but you won't have any problem with negative pressure in that size cabinet,as you can tell from my name im an avid pc gamer and know a thing or two about cooling a small cabinet i've got 5x120mm fans just circulating air in my pc case.It takes more fan than you would think it would.point is air flow is very important

7. okay well i have access to 2 12v fans and one 7v fan
    what would be the best way to position these fans if i were to use more than one ?
    and would i need two carbon filters if i were to run two outake fans?
    also how do i find what size in mm my fan is
    thanks for the replys

8. U should run as many lights as u have the whole grow imo. Good luck!

9. just how many cfl's can fit in 18" ? :confused_2:he's on the right track using the blue's for veg as he's at a serious heght issue as well.after pots and lights what around 16-18" yeah better go with an auto :p and just hope you get more right than you do wrong :bongin:

10. so if i were to run two outake fans and a hole as intake
    would i have to have a carbon filter on each fan? and how could make it so no lght escaps the intake?

11. what ever is blown out of box needs to run through the scrubber as long as fans are running 24/7 you dont have to worry about the intake.As for light google shadow box basically just put a box over it with some slots cut in it on the opposite side of your light .light don't do well with bending around corners!:cool:

12. [quote name='"bubonik cronik"']so if i were to run two outake fans and a hole as intake
    would i have to have a carbon filter on each fan? and how could make it so no lght escaps the intake?[/quote]

You can also just use the 90 degree PVC pipe for intake as well.

13. #13 bubonik cronik, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012