Grow bags

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Shea Propes, Sep 21, 2021.

1. I'm looking to invest in some good quality grow bags first time I'm using grow bags so I'd like to find out what your preferences what brand do you think makes a quality bag. Thanks to all.

2. I like the Garden4Ever the most of any brand ive seen or tried. They are on amazon. Seem to be pretty true to size (5 gallon is actually 5 gallon, not 2 or 3 or 4. 5. as it should be. a lot of brands are misleading or just flat out wrong)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 AngryPossum, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    The Non Woven Bags are the best for the root system.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I used these bags and got great results. This year I'm using 15 Gallon bags outdoors.

Screenshot_20220429-094836_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. I use tan smart pots. The black ones get way too hot where I'm at. The smallest I've grown in are 45 gallon smart pots, but I prefer 100 or 150 gallon. These girls are in 45 gallon bags. I think the 45 gallon bags are about $15 each and I've seen them as cheap as $11 or $12 each. IMG_20190908_102629.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. That's a hell of a lotta dirt...lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Its an investment. For 3 years in a row I bought 2 full pallets of Roots 707 soil at about $500 per pallet. Soil, fertilizers, water consumption, trellis netting, pump sprayers, T posts, and irrigation systems. The first year I spent about $2500, and besides soil, each year after that I only have to spend about $400 for random stuff like trellis material and fertilizers.

It all pays for itself by the time December rolls around.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Well I filled all my planting holes with Hog Shit
    So now the holes have to sit till next year..
    Thank goodness I have another really good spot.
    Still have to buy two more 1.5 liter bags of roots organic original soil, and two 40 pound bags of compost..then I should be ready to plant..

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Who here uses good ol Hog shit to grow pot
    Besides me ?

11. Hi there, yes its possible to get a good yield with grow bags but its not as easy as people think. Ive used grow bags for a couple of grows now, one with good success and one with fairly bad results. Getting a very nice yield wasnt hard in the least when growing in a good quality bag.