Grow Autoflower Outdoors

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TBlaze813, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Hey guys, Im a pretty novice grower here.
    Im starting my first grow pretty soon, and I decided to go with Feminized auto flowering plants due to the fact that they are relatively small, and produce buds quickly. I've been using GC as a resource for a while, but there are just some questions that I'd like to ask experienced autoflower growers. I plan on growing outdoors, and starting the grow by the end of February. Its already bright and sunny here in central FL!

1.) What strains do you recommend? I've heard very good things about Lowryder 2, but I've also heard very good things about AC genetics, and I really like the variety of AC. So far Im looking at one of AC's 3 mixed packs, with 3 different strains included.

2.) What sized pot, and soil would you recommend?
    I've heard from 1.5 all the way up to 5 gallons, but so far Im thinking 2.5 will work the best. Im also unsure of what type of soil/nutrients to use. I know that Autoflowering plants are very sensitive to change, so Id like to keep this grow as organic as possible to avoid any sort of burning.

3.) I'd like to keep this grow as far from my property as possible. So I'd like to keep the whole process outdoors. I was hoping that I would be able dry them by keeping them in a container with some Silica packets, and monitoring the humidity with a meter. I was also planning on curing them In mason jars and burying them for a little over a month.

Budget isn't really a problem with this grow, I just want to make sure that I do this right, and grow the best quality bud that is possible. I plan on paying special attention to these babies, and starting a grow journal as soon as everything is in order. Thanks for your patience guys, and sorry if I asked any questions that may have been answered in another thread. I've just been researching for a while, and wanted some clean answers before I started this grow. Thank you!

2. 1) I had great success with "Auto Mini Gun" Its an AK-47 and a lowryder i think .... also had reall good results come from Auto Roadrunner #2 .... Seeds bought from "Single Seed Centre"

2) I used 3.5 gallon pots for my auto's, they finished from seed in about 75 days, and got around 60-80 grams per plant ... Approx 1g per day it took to grow.

3) Before I switched to hydro DWC, I used fofxfarm ocean forest with nothing but good things to say about it. You are not goign to want to put wet bud into a container. Even with your packets. Your goign to have to come up with aother strategy IMHO ... and the curing process requires you to "burp" the jars, which you wont be able to do if you bury it.

3. Thanks man, Very helpful insight.
    I've heard really good things about foxfarm products. I think thats what Im going to go with, and I've actually heard good things about Minigun aswell.

I kinda thought that the whole Silica gel method was kinda odd, but like I said, I want to keep the whole grow far from my property, and need a method of keeping the humidity at a maintainable level. I only plan on burying the jars enough so that they wont get sunlight, and will stay at an even temperature. I should still be able to burp them when needed. If anything, keeping the jars in my house wont worry me, so thats an option.