Grow and co2

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sirNUGS, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Now i am a newbie grower, but i have been around cultivation as long as i can remember. i was doing some work in my small closet grow, and got to thinking about my lack of a co2 system. and somehow made the connection between the outside lighting only being 1000 lumens/square foot. i run about 4,600 in my grow. and what i was wondering that since i dont have co2 enrichment wouldnt anything over 1500 be a waste? since the plants have adapted to the co2 levels of air and the amount of light outside, both being crutial in the process of photosynthesis. or am i mis judgeing the connection between the two?whats the point of adding extra light if i lack the co2, or the extra co2 if i lack the light either which case? am i wrong?

2. really nobody has some sort of opinion or knowledge on the subject?

3. Adding more light is beneficial, regardless of co2...the more lumens, the merrier. Theres plenty of co2 in the air for a great yield.

Yes the plants rate of photosynthesis is increased with co2 so it has the ability to consume and produce more of everything.
    So more light would be a good idea if you have less than 50watts hps per sqft and you want to maximize benefits.

4. Compare how many lux your plants get to the amount produced by the sun in summer. You're nowhere near it.

Isn't sunlight roughly 5,000lm/ft2