Grow Advice - Day 70

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gingerbud, Apr 25, 2017.

1. I am looking for a little advice on my current grow, my first grow... I am into day 70 from germination and I have about 10 plants in a 4x8 under one Mars Hydro II 1200. I only topped one plant out of the batch. They are all bag seed no ID strains. Another thing worth mentioning is that I have a 4x4 tent that is empty but only have CFL fixtures. Ok, so here is the deal... My 4x8 tent is crowded and I really don't want to kill any of these beautiful plants but they are growing like weeds and getting big. I did some trimming on the bottom of the canopy and I am thinking about doing more since there is leaves beginning to be completely covered by the top of the canopy. I was just about to top my plants a month ago or so when I was at about 7 or 8 nodes and was advised to never top a plant past 6 nodes that it was too stressful on the plant? Anyone agree or disagree?

So, I am thinking about what to do next with what I have. I am pretty sure I need to do some pruning from the bottom but not really sure what the best thing to do beyond that would be? Move some plants to my other tent? Clone some chutes? I have also thought about going into flower but think that might be premature? Let me know your thoughts guys... Any advice would be appreciated. Pics below:

• Like Like x 1
  2. utube LST it will work a treat and puttin littler ones in empty tent with cfls be better than over crowding

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. You could LST like autoflower420 said and maybe defoliate big fan leaves

• Like Like x 1
  4. leave leavea just tuck them.under.leaves are solar panels and food storage tuck them under plant will realise its gettin no light and drain nutes from it and drop it off well thats what i do

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. trim all the undergrow shit but try to leave big fan leaves unless no other option

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds legit guys... I have researched LST techniques and will give it a try when I water tomorrow. I still have more plants than I do light coverage. I think I will take auto's advice on using the other tent and I am going to try a hand at cloning as well since I bought the stuff to do it. If I only had another 600+ watt LED...

7. i bought some big cfls from menards 85 actual watt. few of those working great for one of mine but its not as big as yours yet

8. I believe the ones I used were 38 W actual and I used 5 of them. Worked out quite well for seedlIngs and the beginning of veg. Once I put them under the Mars Hydro, they grew like weeds. Does the 85 W put off much heat? I like the idea...

9. it puts out a little heat. but i have a few fans going also. one usually rowards the bulbs. pretty much have the 2 big cfls in my homemade box on the side of plants and just turn them a few times a day. my main plan is to try and veg thwm in the box so i have a couple to throw in my tent once others get through flowering. my prob is they will veg for 2 months in a 16w x 24l x 32h will be little bushes lmao

10. 14931354362411297790816.jpg 2gal pot
    creen crack fem. been pinching off the under branches as they come up cause i want to mainline it. just topped when i pulled it out also

11. Looks good, nice internodal spacing and off to a healthy start...