Grow # 3

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ethanthesteak, Nov 23, 2016.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]

Starting my seedlings under a total of 104w led bulbs, being watered with ph filtered water, seaweed, and hydroguard atm. One plant will stay in this tent under these bulbs, 24w will be upgraded to 80w bulb when flowering comes. 5 plants will be moved into big tent under my 400w hid. Plants will all be in 2 gallon fabric pots. One of my plants (pictured large pot, back left) i think is suffering a bit of transfer shock perhaps, hence the drooping and dying of bottom leaves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looking good bro, Your set up looks very similar to mine, What you got going for soil?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Im using fox farm which is HEAVILY amended with neem cake to keep away fungus gnats as i have dirty roommates haha. Had a funny smell at first but has mostly dissapated now.

4. Yeah, i use Down To Earth amendments and they stink for a couple days after watering also i use oyster shell and it smells like the ocean for a week in my grow, lol Just organics in general are stinky in a good way.

5. Haha not when they are decomposed properly, unless your making teas haha uck
    Happy smoking and growing

WGG
    Sent from my Z963VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Mixing my own organic soil is definitely one of the next steps in my education haha. Diggin your plant setup, lookin super healthy!

• Like Like x 1
  7. What do you mean? The neem cake will effect the smoke of the plant? I uses florakleen for flushing so i was hoping taste wouldnt be effected

8. No that's not how organics work. You can't flush solid amendments out of a soil. The plant doesn't take them up like they do chemical nutrients. With running a fully organic super soil you wouldn't want to flush it with chemicals a flushing product of any sort. If anything molasses water haha

WGG

PS the neem cake is just gonna keep the bugs out of your soil as they don't like it at all haha actually it will kill them. So

• Like Like x 1
  9. So you think smoke will be effected?

10. No sense in Flushing if you do Organics, Just let it ride the soil out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. No I prefer organics. The microbes in your soil have a better understanding and know how to take care of your plant and what it wants then we ever will. Organic soil if built right gets better over time also.

K.i.s.s.

Happy smoking and growing man

WGG

12. Sorry, but what do you mean? I was planning on using FF organic big bloom liquid formula in flower, does that need flushing?

• Like Like x 1
  13. But it aint gonna affect your plant at all man. Flushing is voodoo that the hydro and dwc or dtw guys do. No need with organics.

Happy smoking and growing.

WGG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ohhhh ok i think i misunderstood your first comment and panicked haha good i HATE flushing

• Like Like x 1
  15. Firefox what ever they say as being organic. May base their fertilizers off organic amendments but I wouldn't consider it as organic. I would flush with molasses water if you are going to flush. Which it doesn't sound like it would be a bad thing.

WGG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Its foxfarm and why not, out of simple curiosity? The ingredients list looks pretty legitimate to me. Do they use inorganic compounds to bind it all together in liquid form or something?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Also im using seaweed and hydroguard water atm to feed the microbes and protect the roots

18. Ugh autocorrect on my cell phone man. I try and proof read and re edit to make sure the words come out right. I'll see if I can dig up the info give me a few minutes.

Happy smoking and growing.

WGG

• Like Like x 1