Grow #2

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by UndegroundMan, Jan 27, 2023.

1. I am starting my second grow. I do have a journal on the first time through as well. For that grow I was given 6 plants from a friend. This time I am using clones I cut from my mother plants.

I kept 2 mothers from my last cycle, Maine Mystery and Member Berry. I'm not happy with the Member Berry so I tried sprouting 21 bag seeds I found. Interestingly only one made it, in fact only one ever sprouted. My wife has named it "Heathcliff". You can see the mothers in my 2x2 tent.

Currently for this second go I cut clones from the Heathcliff and Member Berry plants since these are the 2 I wanted to compare. I have 5 of the Member Berry and 4 of the Heathcliff. After 2 weeks they had rooted in rockwool in my cloner, and yesterday I I planted them in an assortment of pots. They actually got tall enough in the cloner they ended up getting a little squished.

Most of the clones are currently in my 2x4 tent under a 200w Viparspectra light. In the pic you can see they are with an Emerald Fire OG autoflower that is currently in flower. One is in the mother tent because I ran out of room. I'm planning on flowering most of them in the 2x4 tent, but I will move 3 of them, 2 Heathcliff and one Member Berry to my 4x4 tent to get them larger. Currently that tent has other plants finishing up in it, they have about 6-7 weeks left, so I am hoping to flip the plants in the 2x4 to flower at that time when I move the 3 out as well. I'm just using Mills Nutrients and Happy Frog soil. Thanks for taking a look!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sweet...
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. whats your night day temps like?

4. Currently, daytime 70, nighttime 55-60.

5. it shows. get it up by 10+ degrees and you will have much happier plants.

6. It is what it is for a few months unfortunately.

7. A little update. It is 5 days since the clones were transplanted and put into the 2x4 tent. They look to be doing well. The mothers already look like nothing happened. I am also finishing up 4 Member Berry plants in my 4x4 tent. They are like run 1.2 or something since they were clones I took during the last run for mother plants, but I did not end up using them for that since I had better ones. They just starting week 4 of flower and are struggling. I was in a rush so I trimmed them, trained them, and transplanted them all on the same day I flipped them to flower, so they had a rough transition. Seem to be coming around now finally. The Member Berry is my least favorite of the 3 strains I have, but it does not stretch very much and finished in 9 weeks last time. So far it seems to be behaving the same.

Attached Files:

8. Another week, another update. The clones are beginning the second week since being planted. They are all showing good signs of growth now and I even topped 3 I think, maybe 2.

The larger flower tent is in it's 4th week. Looking ok, but not amazing. Some brown hairs are starting to appear. This strain, Member Berry took 9 weeks in flower last time and it looks like that's probably where they will come in again.

Attached Files:

9. The main tent is starting week 6 on Monday. The 4 plants look good so far. Even a few ambers already showing up.

The next round of plants will start their 3rd week since being planted. They are doing ok. Had some leaf tacoing. I think the light was too bright. Seems to be sorted now.

Decided to take some cuttings for the round after that since the Memeber Berry in flower probably only has 3-4 weeks left.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well, this grow took an interesting turn. The night after the last post my basement flooded. Finally got it drained and cleaned today, but lost a lot of stuff. I guess I'll have a few roommates for awhile. Not ideal but at least we can continue on. Overally, they don't seem to worse off for having been left just on the floor in front of some windows for almost 3 days. My cat, who continually eats the leaves, seems to like the new arraignment since she couldn't get into the tents.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sorry to hear about the flood. Hopefully you can get the plants to the finish line! Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  12. They're close. Seeing some ambers already, just starting week 7 this weekend. They might finish in week 8.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I ended up cutting the plants in flower since I was finally able to set up some new tents. So I'm mostly back to the beginning. I decided to flip my mother plants as well. I have a new set of clones that should be ready to start the next cycle. Excited to finally get some stability going on.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Week 2 of flower and looking good so far. Not much going on. Picked out some small mother plants from the clones so I'm all reset. Happy to see the bag seed appears to have turned out female so far. Other than that I've set up a NFT system in my other tent for some vegetable growing.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1