Grow '08 Lemon skunk & the church (ghs)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by sambo5472, Jun 2, 2008.

1. So i'll be going for another outfoor grow this year. I hope that the weather is a bit better than last year, we had an absolutely shitty summer and i had a lot of mold problems.

Anyway, this year i have chosen for the Church and Lemon Skunk from Greenhouse seeds. I have chosen the Church because it is very mold resistant and can be grown even in very rainy areas. Lemon skunk also has a good resistance against mold and i have smoked it at the Greenhouse in Amsterdam and it was superb.

My plant are about 4 weeks old and they look beautifull, next week i'm putting them in the ground.

So here's the pictures, the 3 toghether are the Church and the other 2 are lemon skunk.
    The quality is not so good because putfile compressed them but i couldn't upload them here because they are taken with a canon eos 40d and they are like 5 megabytes a piece and very large.
    Click em for a slightly larger vieuw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lookin great man I'm def tuned into this one!

Take some bong rips :bongin: and pull up a chair...

3. Nice looking plants. Real nice. Will be good for Halloween and Thanksgiving smoke. Do you know the sex?

4. Ill be watching this grow, good luck.

Where did you get the container holder from?

5. ah the church is one of my favorite all time strains! :bongin:

6. Thanks for the kind words everybody.

They were feminised seeds so normally they should all be females. Though i'll be keeping an eye out for hermies during the flowering period.

My parents do alot off gardening and my dad has tons off them laying around but i guess u can get them at any garden center.

I'll be paying a visit to a grow shop soon too because i lost my nutes wich i used last year. Besides the bottle was getting quite empty so i would have needed new nutrients anyway. I'll also be buying an ice-o-lator bag to make some fine quality hashish.

I'll be updating with pics and info weekly if all goes well.

7. sounds good, keep us updated.

8. they look good, u got ur plot dug out or left from last year? what do u use for protection from animals? or is ur spot good enough u dont need to worry? so far the weather has been shitty so best of luckto ya.

9. The plot is a reserved area in the back off my parents yard, they don't mind me using it for growing. So basically the only animals i need to worry about are cats snails and caterpillars. I'll be cutting off the bottom few barnches, something u best do they don't yeild anyway and it makes it harder for any animals to get up into the plants.
    I'll take some pictures off my grow area this weekend and if the weather permits i'll plant them in the ground immediatly.

Edit:
    I forgot, here's the thread with my grow from last year.

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-outdoor-growing/172273-outdoor-grow-07-a.html

I'll be using the same area but i'm gonna make it a bit bigger because i'm gonna have 2 plants more than last year. But this should give u a good idea how it's gonna look like.

10. nice, then u really dont need to worry bout to much look forward to this grow gl + i trim the bottoms of mines too i have alot of tops so

11. So here's the first update, my plants are doing very well and i've just put them in de ground today.

First i started with prepping the area where i was going to plant them. Since it's basically the same area i used last year i din't have that much work. I only had 3 plants last year so i decided to make my little area a bit larger.
    So i took away 4 rows off clinkers, if u look at the first picture the clinkers stopped at the pole before i removed the rows.
    Then i turned over the ground with a shovel until it was nice an loose everywhere. I made the 5 holes filled them with high quality garden soil and put the plants in and that was that.

The plants all look very healthy and i'm very happy. When i came home friday i immediatly recognised the smell off weed when i stepped through the front door. I thought it came from my backpak because i had some dank with me but actually it where the plants wich were standing in the kitchen on the other side off the house. They were standing there because the weather was crappy and i was like what the hell u can smell em already :D

So whitout further ado here are the pictures.
    Loads off quality loss because putfile compresses them but they are all over 3000 kb and most over 4000 so i can't upload them here.

The two in front are the Lemon Skunks, the ones in the back and the middle are The Church. Also note that the clinkers used to end about where the pole stands.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up The Church in the middle.
    [​IMG]

Close up The Church in the right back corner.
    [​IMG]

Close up Lemon Skunk left in front.
    [​IMG]

12. looking good so far, cant wait for future updates.

13. i really like ur spot things are gonna turn out real great for u good job!

14. Thanx for the kind words.
    The spot is perfect my only worry is the weather, the crappy weather last year ruined what could have been a very good harvest.

15. wow man

I will be watching this grow :) Keep it up

:smoke:

16. me to! good stuff :smoke:

17. things should be better on the weather end this year bro ill b posted

18. Hello everybody i'm back for this weeks update.

So first off all i wanna say that my plants are doing great, they all look very healthy.

Unfortunatly i didn't have much time to visit them. It was kinda hectic at home because my parents are leaving on a holiday tomorrow. That's also the reason why i had to take pictures with my cellphone. Normally i use my dad's canon but since he's taking it with him it was already packed and i hadn't much time anyway. I'll be trying to fix a better camera by friday to take some good pictures.

I was gonna measure them but again the time shortage prevented that, i had to be at my place in Gent (where i go to college) in time because i have an exam tomorrow. So i don't really know how much they grew since last week but at least 5cm i would say. The weather has been absolutely shitty for the past 4 days and i hope better times are coming.

So i've attatched the pictures, crappy but they'll have to do for now.

The bottom picture is the Church plant that is in the right upper corner on the picture above, i love the way it looks.

Attached Files:

19. So here's the latest update..

I've been home to check on my plants this weekend and they look great although the weather has been quite crappy.
    They have grown alot since i saw them the last ime, my biggest one is 63 cm and the others are al around 50 cm.

I have to note that i'm starting to smell quite the difference between the lemon skunks and the church plants.

Unfortunatly i had to take the pictures with quite a crappy cam since the camera i usually use is unavailable at the time due to my parents taking it on holiday. Non the less i decided too post them anyway.

This is a selection i have made off the picture that came out the least crappy.

The first picture is all off the plants.

The second is a close-up off the lemon skunk left in front.

The 3rd picture is the lemon skunk right in front.

4th picture church right in the back.

5th: church in the middle/

The three plants on the left, the one in front is ls the 2 on the right are church.

Attached Files:

20. So it has been a while since i updated, the main reason being that i can't get my hands on a good camera. That should change this weekend though because my parents will be at home so i can use my dads camera.

In the mean while everything is going quite well except for one The Church plant that has been eaten from by some sort of bug.It's the one in the left upper corner bu i'll take some better pictures of it this weekend. The other ones are all ok, at least i hope because i haven't seen them since friday. The weather was good until yesterday and will be crappy at least till saturday.

In the mean time here are some pics i took with my cellphone.

Enjoy

Attached Files: