Groups????

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by stoned_soldier, Aug 29, 2005.

1. i look at peoples' profiles and there's a space for whatever groups they belong to.. no one has any, and well uh, there's no way to join a group..

tell me, what was the point of adding this feature if we don't use it, or will it happen in the future, what's up with this?

2. I noticed that the other day too. Strange.

I think the reason it's there is because this is a commercial forum software package that Superjoint bought, so it came with a bunch of features and not all of them are in use. But sometimes you see random "artifacts" of features that aren't enabled but for some reason show up in places like your control panel. That's my best guess.

Anyway I actually think it would be kind of neat to have groups. So for example I could be in a Massachusetts group, and when the Hempfest comes to town I could PM everyone in the group and be like "Hey, who wants to meet up at the Hempfest?" and stuff like that.

3. We have a lot of different things we're working on and things we plan to do. We'll consider the Group thing while doing the other stuff. :)

4. any insite to what these are :D ^^

5. I post at another vBulletin forum that uses groups, and it's not like a PM group. It just means that if you're part of a group you have access to private forums that other members don't. But there aren't any private forums here yet.

6. LOL! Thanks for clearing that up, Hempress.

So, I suppose that's part of what we're working on. :p