Grounding Plants With Ground Wire (DIY EARTHANDGROW)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cockroach, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [quote name='"TokeRippa"']

I'm hoping some of those said people will show up here to comment is all. Just some healthy skepticism. I'm testing this out with my own diy materials and will post the results. I can say this so far: Grounding one plant does not seem to reduce the radiation in surrounding pots as long as the leaves are not touching. This is in stark contrast to E&G's claims[/quote]

There are a few people on rollitup who were using it, one guy bought one and did a DIY one and the DIY one couldn't compare to the e&g do DIY would be out of the question IMO and if you look at all their products each pot should have its own probe

2. [quote name='"BADL"']

There are a few people on rollitup who were using it, one guy bought one and did a DIY one and the DIY one couldn't compare to the e&g do DIY would be out of the question IMO and if you look at all their products each pot should have its own probe[/quote]

Straight from the horse's mouth: "When you guys are doing side by sides, make sure you take the proximity effect into account. Grounded plants influence their neighboring plants. Depending on size and health of the plant this can be as large as a 36" radius."

I have confirmed this to be false.

3. I imagine they are posting this so that when we say that all of the plants responded similarly during the grow they can come back and say that it affected all of the plants in the vicinity.

4. I don't know man because grounding the plant would only ground the plant in the pot itself and nothing more so what do you mean by 36" vicinity ? The grounding would not go through a pot and the ones I've seen use this I know have no relation to the company

5. [quote name='"BADL"']I don't know man because grounding the plant would only ground the plant in the pot itself and nothing more so what do you mean by 36" vicinity ? The grounding would not go through a pot and the ones I've seen use this I know have no relation to the company[/quote]

Flip back to 1 page of this thread when EG rep comments. Do you have a link to the thread where someone compares a DIY to EG?

6. Alright I will, and I will look for it when I get home, I'm on my phone, you can google it it might pop up the whole theory and idea of E&G makes complete sense but some of the claims are bogus, and I think it would be over time you see the results not instantly

I'm just curious if it has something to do witht the plants using the earths magnetic field outside be abuse they are in the ground and then plants being grown inside that cannot touch that field I dunno maybe I'm just rambling on about this but I'm gunna research it

7. I dont want to rain on Earth & Grows parade but I read the article in Oct 2012 High Times and they claim they "invented" this technology which is a bunch of nonsense. They even go on to say "we were overwhelmed with the results and possibilities of our discovery". Earthing or grounding is nothing new, Clint Ober author of "Earthing, The most important health discovery ever?" discovered over 12 years ago that plugging your body (and your plants, pets) to ground either through walking barefoot on the earth or being connected to a grounding mat or sheet through a properly grounded outlet is very beneficial to your health including greatly reduced inflammation, improved blood viscosity, reduced heart rate, reduced anxiety, more energy, etc.. It really works, I've been grounding myself and plants for over 6 years and feel much much healthier as a result. You can use a digital multimeter to measure the effect grounding has, normally sitting in front of a computer your body (or a plant) will measure upwards of 2-3,000 millivolts which is very unhealthy and can lead to fatigue, headaches as well as other health problems, if you have a grounding cord or mat near your computer you can bring the reading down to ~0 effectively sheilding your body from the harmful emf's being produced. On plants it produces some amazing results, stronger, healthier plants that require less fertilizer, more resistant to pests, diseases and stresses. If you are handy you can pick up everything you need to ground several plants from Home Depot & a resistor from Radio shack for a couple of dollars. I'm not knocking Earth & Grow and applaud them for bringing out their product. It just bothers me when people try to make themselves look like a genius and take credit for someone elses work. So yes you have a good product but no you didnt "invent" it. For more information just google "earthing" or "grounding plants" etc. Clint Ober's site is: EarthingInstitute.net which has many good studies and his book is a great read for those interested.

8. For the electrically retarded in the group could you explain the setup you have with the resistor and how one could go about duplicating it. In addition, would you mind elaborating what effects it has had on your plants and if you think it would work in coco?

9. Subbing cus I'm interested but certainly skeptical.

10. **Note: While just using a piece of copper wire inserted into socket ground in theory will work but is nowhere near optimal besides being dangerous, you could potentially burn your house down if lightening struck just right. So everyone be safe and if you dont know anything about electricity buy a ready made product from E&G** The resistor allows the 60hz body or plant voltage to drop by ~99% thus effectively eliminating all the bad EMF's. The resistor can be placed anywhere inline of the main cord then the connections out to the plants can branch out from there, there are many ways to do it, home depot or lowes has the goods to design your own setup. As long as you have a way to branch the connections you could do a whole room full of plants off of one ground connection. It works great with coco, that is all I use (just cut back on the nutes a bit).. in fact any growing medium as long as it retains moisture will work, it even does great with cut flowers in plain water, they last almost twice as long.

11. One other thing I meant to mention is before you start is make sure your house or apartment is properly grounded. Get yourself a 3 prong outlet tester ($3.00)and make sure it reads properly. I travel alot and bring my earthing stuff and have found many hotels that are not grounded properly.

12. [quote name='"indica2"']One other thing I meant to mention is before you start is make sure your house or apartment is properly grounded. Get yourself a 3 prong outlet tester ($3.00)and make sure it reads properly. I travel alot and bring my earthing stuff and have found many hotels that are not grounded properly.[/quote]

Thanks indica, much appreciated. I will test this out and report back.

13. I was waiting for it ^^^ lol they all come and try to explain

Awesome Plant Crazy Law, Awesome Plant Crazy War

14. Hey EG, how would you recommend using it with cannabis specifically? Does it require less nutes generally? What specific benefits can cannabis growers expect besides being healthy overall?

15. Uh huh.

Don't we have rules about spam and companies promoting thier products here, Mods?

J

16. A few have told us that they have stopped fertilizing in veg to slow them down and seeing no deficiencies. I wouldn't recommend this and would at least give them compost tea every two weeks.

I haven't added nutrients to my plants in years. Compost tea isn't used for nutritional value whatsoever.

What's next in your line of gimmicks?

J

17. [quote name='"jerry111165"']Uh huh.

Don't we have rules about spam and companies promoting thier products here, Mods?

J[/quote]

I asked them to comment.

18. [quote name='"jerry111165"']A few have told us that they have stopped fertilizing in veg to slow them down and seeing no deficiencies. I wouldn't recommend this and would at least give them compost tea every two weeks.

I haven't added nutrients to my plants in years. Compost tea isn't used for nutritional value whatsoever.

What's next in your line of gimmicks?

J[/quote]

Yeah, there may be a small benefit to using these and I will test it out soon but there was many things in that post that are off. He clearly doesnt grow mj himself and is using others' testimony as his testing grounds.

19. 2 month old thread and no results?

20. How could there possibly be by sticking wires from your outlet into your pots??? Lol

Theres a sucker born every minute... PT Barnum

J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.