grommet to gong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by xlxtbusxlx, Jun 24, 2011.

1. basically the title says it. can i turn my grommet bong into a glass on glass bong?

2. You could take it to a blower but you're better off just getting a gong tube for the money. Don't bother.

3. im getting a gong this summer hopefully. but i was just wondering if i could make my first bong ever any better

4. I'd agree with MistakeByMilake. Is it possible? Sure. However, it's probably not with the time and money (particularly if your going to upgrade later on).

5. Just find a gong style downstem that'll fit your grommet. And grab some simple slide for it.

6. yee, ill do this. so itl still be a gromet but il be able to use glass on glass bowls?

7. I had a glass on glass stem inside a grommet thingy. I had to get a smaller stem to fit it in, but it worked. I preferred having a glass on glass bowl rather than a slider, even if the stem was still in a grommet. If you can get the grommet off your current stem and see if it finds onto a gong stem, then it should work.

8. #8 xlxtbusxlx, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
    ight, how do i go about taking out the downstem anyways? and what size downstem did you get?

9. [​IMG] so i need this?

10. very easily. if you go to most headshops they will have glass on glass conversions. either like the picture you have posted, or they usually sell corks that you plug up the rubber grommet hole and fit in a gong downstem.

i believe you just pull it out, but for my only converted gong tube, the guy who worked at the headshop did it for me as i watched.

here is a picture of my converted tube
    [​IMG]

11. damn, nice glass. HVY or WRKD by chance?

12. thanks man, yeah, its an old HVY from like 05' or 06'.
    here is the work on it
    [​IMG]

13. That's some beautiful glass!
    I no longer have mine, un/fortunately
    but when I had it, it was my favorite piece (not like I really have had a whole lot of bongs though). It had an Alex K showerhead on it and a fancy bowl piece too.

I love the way all HVYs hit and clear. They seem so perfect, and even lower end ones are generally beautiful. Mine only had three implosions on it and it wasn't nearly as good as looking as yours, but I did enjoy that piece and for the price it had great artwork on it (considering that some worked glass is very, very expensive)
    I personally love the implosions on yours and sighed with nostalgia in memory of my old piece when I saw all those pictures... very nice.

HVYs kick ass.

14. Damn that thing is a fucking beauty.

15. sir, you have a nice fucking bong :bongin: