Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

GroBox's Green Dragon "Tonik" recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GroBox, Jan 13, 2013.

1. #1 GroBox, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    Hey Blades, here to share my method of making a Green Dragon, or in this instance "Tonik" as I call it. The difference being most Green Dragon's are smooth, due to the excessive care the chefs take in making it, to not extract all the waxes and chlorophyll in the plant matter. I'll be extracting everything possible, and then some, and this is going to taste very bitter. But it certainly will knock you on your ass.

Total time needed: 2-3 weeks.

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THIS IS DONE IN A VERY WELL VENTILATED AREA! EVERCLEAR IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE AND COULD CAUSE FLASH FIRES IF FIRE IS NEAR!

Ingredients -
    1 oz. finely ground, semi-decarboxylated Headband (or any strain/trim of your choice)
    1.5 Liters Everclear
    That's it! Easy.

Process -
    First, make sure the product is decarboxylated, at least a little bit, to activate the cannabis. You can leave it undecarboxylated for a more cerebral effect, but I'd recommend decarbing a little bit, just to activate that THC and get the extra kick.

Add everclear and cannabis to slow cooker, set it to 'warm'.

Let the alcohol infuse, stirring frequently. When the cannabis settles to the bottom, take the opportunity to mash it up with a potato masher, or a flat spoon, to further the process by breaking up and releasing the glandular material. Do this until the alcohol is reduced by at least 25%.

After the alcohol is infused, and reduced, jar that shit up. I like to use Mason/Ball jars, but hey, whatever works. Make sure it is air tight though to prevent leakage. Once jarred, shake it up once, and uncap, and allow mixture to return to room temperature. The alcohol will still be warm, so it will still be evaporating - it's important to keep the cap on loosely, or not at all, to allow for pressure to escape.

When the liquid is room temperature once again, place jar in freezer for at least 24 hours. Shake it up once or twice while inside.

Remove from freezer, and return to the slow cooker. Reduce again till you have no more than 50% of the original solution. Some people like to use less, for a more concentrated dose, this is up to the chef.

Once reduced, return it to a jar, and place in a dark area, away from sunlight, for 2-3 weeks. Shake it up every day until finished. It is important to uncap it every day also, to release any built up pressure from the alcohol evaporation.

Once that time is up, strain through a cheesecloth, and place in freezer for storage. Enjoy safely!

2. I think "Tonik" is a good description for it. When it's finished, use a few drops of flavored candy oil, LorAnn or something similar. Don't flavor your whole batch at once, just your working bottle. It works really real to help combat the worst of that taste. I personally like raspberry and orange, but root beer is vile:eek:.

Have you sampled it yet at all? I just tried some Headband for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. My caregiver plans some for the next crop and I really hope I get to make some tincture from it, too.

3. #3 GroBox, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    No, it's still in the crock pot right now, I'll take pictures along the way, and upload them at the end. I'm on a tolerance break though, so I can't sample it unfortunately. Headband is my favourite strain, my grower usually has a batch every grow and it's the first thing to sell out, I was lucky enough to get some for this batch of tonik though :D

Edit: Good idea on the candy oil, maybe something lemon or limey, because as you know, headband has got some STANK. It's even starting to overpower the everclear :laughing

4. I knew you were on the break but didn't know when it's over. I'll be looking forward to hearing the results. :)

5. February first, the same day I'll be assuming that this is done. Since I'm freezing and using heat, I'm sure it could be used the day after, but adding time can only make it more potent, so it's a good deterrent for me to stay on my t break. I wish I could just go into a coma until it was over though, being sober is... well, sober. Funny thing about being sober though, you forget what being high feels like.

6. It will all come back to you once you've had that first hit, like a long lost friend.;)