GroBoston's 400W MH/HPS DR90 Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GroBoston, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Hey there blades....GroBoston here and I'm back after patiently waiting to do my setup correctly and in a secure location. I've been itching... Haha, anyhow I've had a few attempts before to learn basics and get complete beginner mistakes somewhat figured out. Nothing major league, so this time I'm excited!

I will admit I was baffled on what to get for the 1st time full run with nutes, so I kinda went a little crazy. My ultimate goal was to go organic, in which I later found out a lot of these labels claim a lot of things. I plan on working into a "water only" medium eventually,using teas as well... but this is still humble beginnings I suppose.
    So this is what I'm working with:

Lighting:iPower 400w MH/HPS w/ Dimmable Dig Ballast & Wing Ref

[​IMG]

Containers:3.4g Superoots Air-Pots (5g equiv.)

[​IMG]

Housing:Secret Jardin DR90 (3x3x6)

[​IMG]

Medium:RO 707, W.W. EWC, Coast of Maine Lobster Compost

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Strain:Unknown Medical Grade from trip to Amsterdam:)D)

Nutes/Amendments:
    -Earth Juice Meta-K
    -Earth Juice Microblast
    -GO Bio Marine
    -GO Bio Root
    -RO Buddha Grow
    -RO Buddha Bloom
    -Fox Farms Big Bloom

[​IMG]

Overall:

[​IMG]

So after seeing my setup, nutes, mediums, lighting.... any and all advice is welcome. Like I said before I was a little overwhelmed on exactly what to buy, but I believe I got a good spectrum. Ive read that the 707 isnt so great after veg, could I remedy this by adding the CoM Lobster Compost and EWC? That was my plan at least... I also read RO causes gnats so maybe I should look into neem seed meal? Im thinking I may also need Epsom Salts? What do the seasoned gardenings see me lacking? (or overdoing) Im interested in using compost teas as well... but once again I dont want to overdo anything.
    So follow my grow GC Im glad to have ya.
    Thanks for your time!

2. The beans have sprouted and I threw them into starter medium.

[​IMG]

This was a gifted blueberry from my friend Jesus... looks a little shabby though. Im hoping it will spring back, he kind of neglected her for a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I love this book, its full of great info and pics man. Anyone else got this read?

[​IMG]

Some quick shots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive seen some noticeable growth in the leaves of the blueberry since putting it into a bigger pot and under the brighter light.

Heres some new growth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Subbed. Your setup is similar to mine and I'm only a little ahead of you so ill be following along.

Looks good.

5. Thanks chief, slow start... should pick up momentum mid summer, haha. Ill be sure to stop by your thread Dank, thanks for checking in.

6. One of the beans broke ground...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Some growth out of the first sprout...

[​IMG]

This one looks rough and hasn't had much growth since popping two days ago... eek

[​IMG]

Which is 2 out of 5, one doing well and one doing not so hot... three TBD.

[​IMG]

Ill post a pic or two of the blueberry later on... shes exploded in growth since being put under the MH with 1/4 strength nutes.

8. Some of the shots I promised of the blueberry the other night and never threw up on the journal...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Burst of growth on this blueberry, that's for sure.

9. Just a few more shots for you blades, the inner growth is crazy hah... Im wondering if its almost taking away from top growth? I think Im going to feed again tonight and as for the other beans, they are a no go. Two popped through and three never broke soil... 1 of the 2 went necroptic (sp?)... anyway... womp womp. haha. So ive got a blueberry and a mystery Holland café strain lol. Heres some shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When should I transplant into my 3.4g airpots? sooner rather than later or what? Thanks for any input blades, be easy.

10. #11 GroBoston, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    Heres the sprout.

[​IMG]

Heres some of the blueberry... exploding...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feeding seemed to have gone fine, no burning... how long should I keep an eye out for it? I was gonna transplant to these air pots... what yous think? wait or what?

11. Well I went ahead and transplanted them... didn't get much feedback so I just went ahead.. lol. Anyway I been feeding at 1/4 strength and the blueberry seems to be loving it. Its just getting so big so fast. Should I bump this up next week to 1/3-1/2 strength to see what she can take? Is there a "too late" point where the girl will get burnt up? Anyway, heres a canopy shot and then an under the skirt shot.

If anyones reading, should I trim under this skirt or would the stress not be worth it? Thanks blades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I think if she's loving the nutes and you're following a nute schedule then every feeding I would bump it up a bit until you get to around 80% strength. I hear most plants don't really need full strength.

As for trimming, I'm not too sure. If they are not blocking bud sites or dying off then it might not be necessary. Especially if you have good airflow.

13. Looking kinda indica?Fat leaves and pretty compact growth...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres Blueberry

[​IMG]

Size comparison

[​IMG]

Dew

[​IMG]

14. Its been a little while and the pics I believe are a day or two old but here ya go blades.

The little one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The big one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Same setup as me ! Your plants look good . Keep it up.

16. Thanks chief, these things are blowing up... Ill post more pics tomorrow morning.

17. Been a while... did the switch 4 days ago. Heres some shots... last couple shots are a topping and a fimming. Did a little pruning underneath. Other than that just keeping up on the every third watering or so I feed 1/2 str nutes.

[​IMG]

The seedling is outgrowing the blueberry clone hah...

[​IMG]

Fim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im hoping these are between 8-9 weeks to flower... no major upset just would be excellent to harvest early july.

18. How far into flower does high humidity become a dire situation? I know it's no bueno and can promote mold and budrot. I'm only week 1 into flower and plan on getting a dehumidifier within the next two weeks. Should I be all set?

19. Hundreds of views no one can chime in? C'mon blades...