GroBoston's 1st Micro-CFL Grow Attempt

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by GroBoston, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Negative, I didnt top/fim... I was going to but I decided against it... I wanted to try to top and fim with a scrog setup, which Ill probably do next grow... I read that topping will turn into 2x large colas instead of 1x XL cola... good to keep her bushy and I suppose it wouldnt have hurt me, but I didnt want to stress it to go hermie my first time around... I honestly have never owned a single plant at all before so im just proud I got this far lmao... Im glad I spent months reading haha

2. You should be proud, you got plenty of budsites.

3. Thanks guy, you think 1/2 a zip is a decent estimate?

4. Looking good, are you PHing water?

Stopped by after your opinion on the fan, ill sub up and keep reading. Pretty impressive for one plant shes a pretty one.

5. I honeslty couldnt tell you. It all depends one how big/dense each of the buds become.

6. Thanks man I appreciate the input... Not PH controlled... Just well water boiled. I'm gonna pick up some more supplies for next grow. Bare minimum this time unfortunately.

7. Yeah I'm sure the buds will swell up decent later on in flower. I'm gonna wait as long as possible for max stonage lmao

8. Hey man. Plants are looking good :)

I have no idea as to how much you could yield as I am on my first real grow as well. About week 4 into flower.

If mine is successful, I plan to try out a SCROG grow or something similar next time around.

Good luck with the remainder of your grow. Those girls look to be getting tasty :D

9. Thanks bro, you got a thread going? Did you go with bagseed as well? Yeah same, I wanna try a scrog next grow and try my hand at training... they do look tasty I cant wait for the final product.

10. Shit, man, I dunno how I missed this thread on here, nice grow! :wave:

I think you'll get a half easily as long as you don't make any major mistakes along the way.

Check out my grow in my sig, I'm expecting 14 grams from the plant I'm going to harvest in about 2 weeks, and it has been under 72 watts of cfls for most of its life, and just got bumped up to 95 about 2 weeks ago.

This is my second grow with the same strain. The first round I got 10 grams, and this one is definitely going to give me more. I think your plant is bigger then mine was at this stage, and you have more light so you should definitely be able to get a half.

Good luck, and happy growin!

11. I read your thread dude. Sweet box. Nice looking girl also. If you dont mind I could make a few suggestions...? I dont want to sound like a pro but I know a little.
    First off I noticed your fanleaf tips are burnt - over nutes maybe? or to close to lamps? If I read right you have 6 23w-26w cfl's. Ever think of 105w cfl. Perfect for your setup. $40 and your done.Just get a large mogul base and the bulb...less heat too. 85 is ok if you have good circulation, But it must be good. Other than that it shows you did some research and put thought into your grow and your baby is loving it. +rep

12. @ DownShift Thanks man, Im hoping your right that would be sweet I honestly didnt think Id even get that much my first grow with bagseed... that makes me feel proud lmao. Im checking out your thread right after this reply man, see you there....

@blutis Thanks to you too bro, got lucky with a female. Constructive criticism is never a bad thing, we can always learn more. I def want to upgrade to 1 or 2 big CFL's rather than clutter my future cab with 8 spirals... Nute burn maybe, but ive been using 1/4 strength bloom/micro every 4th watering... Im leaning towards being burnt by my CFL cluster and emergency blanket [mistake] making hot spots lmao.... Thanks for the input guys please keep an eye on me =]

13. I thought that emergency blankets were good because the didnt create hotspots. I guess you learn something new every thread..haha.

14. Hey.

I do have a thread going. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/693587-growing-2-girls-my-first-grow-pics.html

I think I am doing alright so far for what I got going. going to get some ONA gel tomorrow for the smell.

A friend of mine is growing a bunch of plants so he offered me a couple small clones and advised me initially to get going. I got them in sept. and have been doing everything myself since. I found a seed in what I was told was a strain called captain crunch...so once this is said and done im going to pop that bean and give that a go. Try 1 plant under the T5 w/ scrog.

Your growcab is nice and professional...while mines kinda ghetto :p. Great job man :).

15. #55 GroBoston, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    Lol I'll check your link for sure... It looks ok I guess I know a lot I can improve on in my box though... Captain crunch huh? Cross it with blueberry and get some crunch berry my dude lol...

@gnasty yeah man I was a little disappointed to find out e-blankets did that... They do reflect a good amount of light, but ultimately they ARE meant for warmth lol

16. Just watered and defoliated a bit... Main cola is starting to swell and pistils are still sprouting. No smell yet... That's good in a way I guess lol. Will post a few more pics tonight or tomorrow. Stay posted GC!

17. Hey Bud! I have been out of town all week. The new pics look really good and you have lot's of good budsites going. I am thinking based on how long you have left to flower that my guess is at least 21g+. VERY healthy looking plants and looks like you learned quite a bit from your readings! Congrats man and think about us having MUCH longer to go to be where you are now. Hopefully you don't get anxious or hard up and pull these babies to quick! Also wanted to say that this must have been some pretty dank shit to begin with considering how developed the plants are. I think you are going to have some potent Bostonic chronic bro!

18. Thanks senior I appreciate that man. Yeah I read enough I hope I get it right lol... I just know it's gonna taste sweet [victory that is] lol... I am a little hard up but that's ok it was time for a t-break for a little... Should be that much better once it's ready to puff.

19. Hey blades, update pics...

Full Body...yum

[​IMG]

Hairy Beast...

[​IMG]

Buddies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cola me...

[​IMG]

Full Body Again...

[​IMG]

Yellowing....

[​IMG]

That last pic is the plant sucking the sugars out right? Just curious... anyways post your thoughts guys thanks.

20. Nice job bro! I think either that or the shade is getting to them. Not really needed at this point anyway. I can't wait to see what you get buddy, keep us posted!