Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grit weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420PotSmoka420, Oct 21, 2010.

1. So I heard about this "grit weed" and how dealers will spray glass and shit on the buds. I read that the best test is to take a bud and rub it on a cd and if it scratches the cd it's grit. Well I took a little bud and forcefully rubbed it on the cd and there were scratches. Now I'm paranoid I might have some of this grit weed. I was pressing the bud forcefully against the cd, could this have made it scratch or do I have grit weed..? I also tryed the test where you put some of the crystals in your mouth and they should be crunchy like sand on your teeth but my crystals didin't seem to be like this. Please help..

PS: if it is grit weed will smoking it through a bong make it less harmfull? I really need to smoke some weed and this is all I have.. I have also never had any problems with this in the past.

2. Grit weed in Canada? I've never heard of that. I've never encountered grit weed, that sounds awful man.

3. I just fucking hope my dealer hasn't been doing this for the whole time he's been selling to me. I've been smoking his stuff HEAVILY for the last year. If anybody can detirmine if this is grit please let me know.

4. never heard of this so called "grit weed" sounds like bullshit smoke it

5. ive heard of it, and ide imagine a bong or bubbler would make the glass not go into your lungs/mouth

6. Okay, well I'll just hope it's not grit weed because I'm in a position where I really, really, need some weed and this is all I have. I'll just use a bong and hope it doesn't fuck me up.

7. dude youre fine. the cd test doesnt always work, sometimes dryer bud scratches the cd anyway.

and yeah, if you are forcefully doing than id assume youre fine. if you havent noticed and side effects from smoking than youre fine. seriously, if you are inhaling glass for a year you would probably notice.

8. Lol yeah, good point. It is dry bud and I used a tiny dry bud so that could have had something to do with the scratching. Just gonna smoke it.

9. just use a bong, and check the bowl afterwards, if there's glass shards in the bowl, it's grit

10. My camera is actually broken at the moment, so I can't do that. It doesn't look like grit weed, I've seen lots of pics of real grit weed. I highly doubt I actually have it, I'm just being paranoid idiot most likely.

11. It's more common in England, and then, the US (not sure why, but the Brits really tamper with their bud, and they tamper hard.. soapbar didn't start there, but for some reason it's still going strong).

Another test you can try is the magnet test. If you don't have a magnet handy, but you have a grinder, many grinders these days actually have magnetic pieces that gently hold them together. Otherwise, they're pretty cheap, magnets I mean.

After you grind your bud, set the pile on some thin paper and hold it steady in the air, then hold the magnet on the opposite side of the paper... now move it back and forth (there's a youtube vid, search it out).

If your bud moves with the magnet, then it's contaminated in some way, which could be from chemicals or simple shavings that were used to increase the weight.

You can also taste the bud, if you're pretty sure it's not glass.. give it a lick.

If it's sweet or salty, it's got sugar, salt or another chemical on it causing that flavor. They do this for a few reasons or a combination of reasons.. usually to make bud weigh more, or to make it appear more 'crystally' to those who either don't know what glands are, or for whatever reason can't see them well.

12. Do not smoke it. It is weed that has CD shavings in it to make it look more. chrystaly

13. I'm convinced that the stories I've heard about people lacing their weed with PCP, Raid, Windex and glass are all just bullshit, I've never had pot that was tampered with in anyway in 10 years of smoking.

14. yeah man enjoy it, ive been dry for the past couple days. and next time you think something is up with your weed just remember this stuff has a tendency to make you a little paranoid.

btw, never inspect your weed for mold or glass when high or you might find something that isnt there, use to happen to me lol

15. If you use a bong and Id use screen you'd be fine.

16. I just scratched a nug against an old cd and in did the same thing. That must be a bad test, it would feel sandy to the touch if it was grit weed.

17. Okay, but when I do touch the buds I get keif all over my fingers, it's dank bud, this is normal right? I mean it's not a huge amount of keif but after handling a bud I've got keif on my fingers.

PS: lol I'm also high so if I didin't make sense sorry.

18. yeah thats normal, it sounds like your bud is just flaky.

19. It's also dry, so that may make the crystals fall off easier or something.