Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grit weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Anonemoose, Jul 23, 2010.

1. I got some ridiculously dank looking bud. However, while smoking, a part sparked and flared. Burned like powder almost it seemed. I found it especially unusual because it seemed to start from the top of the bud from the point that was the highest in the pile. I've seen this happen before deeper in the bowl, where I assumed it was probably flint or a stem or something. I've smoked it before, but now I'm kinda paranoid. I rubbed it against the back of a cd, and it scratched it, not real deep though. It seemed a bit harsher than usual, but we seemed to pull more ash than usual. I think they have dried out a little. Could it be grit or sprayed or something?

2. That spark is from a giant THC crystal burning, my bud does that a lot too for some reason...

3. Pops and sparks, as far as I know, can be from seeds popping. As for the scratching, I'd be careful... herb doesn't scratch.

4. Yea, sounds like there is a possibility of some grit in there.

Depending on the contents of the "grit" vaping it would make it much better.

Perhaps build a light bulb vaporizer or something to finish off the rest of the stash.

You could also try putting a cotton ball or some shit like that on your pipe to help diminish the possibility of you inhaling sand or whatever.

Also, Regular weed CAN scratch a cd. This is because if they are grown outdoors, then dust and particles carried in the wind can get in the buds.

Also, remnants of seeds or seed casings I heard could scratch.

It is also completely possible that your weed is unaltered, and 100% safe.

5. I got one version of grit weed last year. If you wet a finger, touched the weed and then licked your finger, you could feel the grit on your teeth. Search on these boards for "grit weed", there's a couple good threads about it. There's several different varieties, some are sprayed with chemicals you don't want to be smoking. Mine didn't appear to be adulterated any other way, just had fine grit all through it. It was good shit, smelled and tasted right, got me way high. I smoked it in a bong, didn't suffer any ill effects.

6. Just no.

That can happen with non-grit weed... so that's not a very good test. Neither is the cd test... any weed can scratch a cd.

The only good test is to smoke it and check the ash for glass particles. Smoke it in a bong and dump the cashed bowl in your hands and run some water through it. If you're holding a hand full of glass... then you know.

It's the only sure fire way to tell that I came up with comparing grit to regular weed... with no false positives.

7. In a binge of paranoia fueled impulsive buying, I got a bubbler and a handheld microscope and took a peek. I'm not an expert, but it made me feel a little better. Would trichomes ever look cloudy? Or like ice? I see some that do, usually ones without peaks/heads. A number do not have heads and look kind of like spikes or blades, closer look showed many with small heads forming at or near the tip. I'm assuming they were just harvested before maturity?

The bud itself was pretty hard and brittle, but I don't remember if it was always that way. I fear it might've dried out in the day or two I spent without a container besides loose, tied plastic. It burned fast and pulled hard, but still pretty smooth, at least to me, but I feel like I have a high tolerance for these things.

I smoked half a bowl, and got pretty high. It kinda tasted like melon. Pleasant, but surprising. Does any of this sound glaringly wrong?

8. if u mean weed with glass then break up with ur hands if it hurts it has glass

9. Okay, so this time, there wasn't just a spark, a steady flame came out of the top of this piece of bud, almost like a lighter. It stayed up for a few seconds as I drew, and took a sec to extinguish after I took my thumb off the carb. Right now I'm telling myself butane spilled on it, but I'm all fucking paranoid again ._.

10. this can also happen if dealers spray weed with water bottle thing that spray water on the bud to make it weigh a little more.

ppl do it around here
    and it does what you described.

11. #11 Anonemoose, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    How would I tell that? Is there anything else that causes bud to catch like that? Butane from the lighter maybe?

12. Iv herd of people putting steal shavings into sacks to make it weigh more, But i dont know if people really do that.

13. There are several varieties of grit weed and not all of them are adulterated with glass. There are varieties that have shit sprayed on them creates a waxy ash. So no false positives, but maybe false negatives. Like I said, very clearly, I was reporting only on what I got, your mileage may vary.

OP, I recommend you do your own research because when you get people saying it's a certain way and only one way, they're often wrong. Google grit weed and you'll find all sorts of information including a couple of articles that describe the various kinds you may find out there.

14. love me some grits

15. Think to yourself what a lighter does. It creates a fire. Think to yourself what we use fires for. Making bigger fires. I've had plenty of bud that has caught on fire like that. It depends how its packed in the bowl.

16. [​IMG]

You sound paranoid

17. i got some "really good" bud from a freind of mine, i smelled it and it didnt smell like normal bud. i got my water bong out when i got home and sparked it up. the feeling hit me almost instant and it smelled like plastic burning. it was DEFINATLY not a weed high. i called my freind and asked him what it was called and he said he would call me back. when he did he said the dude he got it from called it "bomb". so i looked it up and bomb usually means that its laced with crack. i never bought from him again.

18. Looking through a microscope; do trichomes ever clump together? I see some spots that almost look crystalline, but are oddly bulbous.

19. Herb DOES scratch the kief doesnt, ive gotten a nug that i knew wasnt laced and did the cd test and it scratched, granted it was a really dry bud but it did, you need to take kief.