Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grit Weed??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BCdanka, Dec 31, 2013.

1. So I bought a z of some OK stuff I would assume from a connect I knew for quite a while and I'm worried I might of gotten some GRIT WEED? The Weed seems to be low quality already considering it was 140 for z. Could someone please help me tell if I'm tripping or it's actually grit weed. In BC of Canada?

I'm freaking out a bit considering I bought a ounce and I don't want it all to go to waste.

Already smoked a good eighth and besides some crackling in the bowl and a bit of sore lungs I seem to be ok lol. Anyways Im high but need to see if I can still smoke this without any health risks and it only seems fitting to come ask the brilliant stoners of grass city  :smoking:

Some pictures ( Only have a Iphone4 Camera)

http://www.anony.ws/image/kWiN
    http://www.anony.ws/image/kWiJ

2. Looks fine to me.... I've never heard that term before. Thought you were asking if there's sand in it or something at first ha

3. #3 Tree Of Life, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    I'm not 100% sure with those pictures, but it just looks like some pretty good dank to me. Does it taste off? What does it smell like? Why do you say it's low quality?

4. Looks alright to me too. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Well I did pay 140 for a ounce of it and well theres plenty of leaves on it and stems. those pictures somehow make it look pretty fire which i guess it is. im kind of confused and im pretty scared i did the CD test it scratched pretty badly.

Heres another picture the weed is pretty shiny like really shiny it doesnt have a strong smell 

http://www.anony.ws/image/kWi8

and with a flashlight app for the iphone you can see a lot of reflections from things?

6. Is it very dense bud?Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I have some bud that the trichs look shinier than usual but the bud is bombbb.. prolly just the plants phenos. I wouldn't worry about it if it tastes/smells alright.

8. So in conclusion you think the bud is smokeable? it seems really shiny to me under a light with spots basically glistening idk if thats normal im pretty new to weed and when I handle this weed with hands I can see white shiny things on my fingers is that normal?

Also I know its a repeated post of this picture but this one seems to capture the true picture of the bud. l0l
    http://www.anony.ws/i/2013/12/31/1J92Q.jpg

9. Looks fine to me. The CD test isn't very accurate, I'm pretty sure rubbing any bud hard enough on a CD will scratch it. 

Try licking a little nug and see if it tastes funny or leaves a gritty texture in your mouth.

10. Can I get anyone elses opinion cause i'm still pretty paranoid and sketching about this 
    http://www.anony.ws/...12/31/1J92Q.jpg

Does the flashy shiny shit look like grit weed? lol
    bump

11. #13 DayJaVu, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    There are a few ways to test for grit weed; just use common sense.

Take an old CD and grab a bud. Shake the bud a little, or rub it with your fingers until some of the "shiny" things fall off onto the CD. Rub the shiny bits into the CD. Does it scratch?

Do the shiny bits feel hard? Do they feel like glass?

It's not rocket science bud. "grit" is literally powdered glass on your bud. Does it feel like glass to you? Does it fall off the bud really easy?

----------

You can also try the burn test. If you burn some of the weed, are the shiny bits still there? Glass power won't melt if only lightly burned.

12. You should be able to tell for yourself if those shinies are trichomes or not, they do look a little over the top for trichomes in my opinion.

13. Ive done the tests and it does scratch a bit i think im just asking based on ur guys's knowledge from a visible perspective

14. They look fine to me. If you're seeing any reflecting bits after shining a flashlight into your bowl after smoking, then you may have a problem. Otherwise it's just some frosty bud.

Did you even do what I said?

Take a tiny little nug and lick it, if it tastes funny and feels gritty then don't smoke it if you want to be safe. Or if your too much of a girl to lick a nug then just rub one between your fingers. Does it feel gritty or like weed....

16. @[member="â’¸anadianBuds"] I licked it and it does feel a bit rough ? but I imagine thats how weed would be against the tongue? it does feel a bit more rough than normal although it is kind of dry i just cant ttell if its trichomes or not .

17. Tbh you're probably just over thinking it. It just looks like some decent bud. If you're really that scared don't smoke it and pass it on to someone else for what you paid.

18. ... You're paranoid about the weed being bad, from the weed. You're in British Columbia which is like the weed capital of Canada? It's a big business and I don't think people would do that calm down