Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Teal, Feb 15, 2010.

1. So I used to smoke and everytime i got a bag i would spend like a good hour hand shredding the whole bag into fine, pieces. And usually i got fucking blazed with like a g bong bowl to the point where i got some awesome body hgihs. Now i havent shredded it that well its kinda big pieces like 3 pieces per bowl (3/16) socket. Now i dont get as high and its not the weed type believe me. Is it not shredding it well or what anyway i plan to buy a grinder tommorow so ill find out then but im high right now only a few minutes in and its promising so well see

2. grinding increases surface area so more of it gets burned so more thc is released

3. This is true but, at the same time, it can result in a loss of enough kief to make the grind not worth it. Surface area increases the amount of bud that can fit because there is no air pockets in the bowl but barely uses anymore herb.

With this being said, I conclude that it really doesn't matter how ground or un-ground your marijuana is, as long as it is broken up enough to roll with. Although, I'm not sure if you have it grinding up that much. Smoking anything not broken enough to roll with wastes weed. I believe that tolerance is what is giving you a problem though.

4. well i dont think its tolerance cause i smoked for like 2 months, my last time i got super high. then i took like 4 months off and when i started smoking the same shit same way but not grinding it as much i dont get as high

5. Just twist it in your fingers fast and with fingers pressed tightly together. At least until you get a grinder. You should be able to break it up extremely fine in under ten minutes with your fingers, even up to a quarter.

6. I just break it up into bits with my fingers. Also, I might as well warn you about grinding your whole bag at once, I've seen too many times where someone will be stoned and accidently knock their bag or container over and spill their weed onto the floor. It's the worst when you have carpet, so much weed gets lost.