Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding vs Shake

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by token614, May 29, 2009.

1. I bought some shake from a dispensary and want to make brownies but I can't find my coffee grinder and my weed grinder's tiny. Does it make a big difference if I just cook the shake in the oil, or does it have to be ground? I've also heard that grinding makes the end product taste super herbal even if you strain. I prefer not to have skunky brownies, but I'll go with skunky if it means compromising effect.

2. you can cook the shake just the same with your oil/butter, but the best method i think is reducing your shake to a powder with a coffee grinder and then sifting it through after (so you have a really fine powder), and just cooking with that and then not worrying about extraction (you'll end up with a more potent product, since the weed gets that extra bit of extraction during the actual baking as it's still present in the fat rather than extracted before the baking); it's the way the Watermelon girl does it.