Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding vs Breaking up

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DontBankonit, Apr 9, 2009.

1. I myself prefer mids and always have used a grinder with them.

This last week my friend gave me some chronic he is using for "fund-raising"

I normally do not smoke anything above mids because of the price and so never smoked highs that much except when a friend provides. The first night i used my grinder (got a lot of kief) and smoked those after which I was thinking "These didnt hit me harder than my mids". The next night i decided to use a knife to break up the bud instead and it hit soo much harder.

So from it would seem to me that using a grinder made the highs lose some of their potency, or simply i used a bad nug the first night.

What are your guys thoughts

2. I've never had grinded bud that was less potent than it should be. But that's just me. No matter how you break up your bud you're going to lose a little bit kief, but with a grinder atleast you're collecting it.

3. Of course its going to be less potent, look at all the kief you collected off it before you smoked it. More kief= higher. Grinded = less kief. However, grinded bud smokes better than cut bud due to more surface area using less bud. :smoking:

4. yeah your going to lose kief either way, but if you woulda smoked it without the grinder then you wouldnt of had that kief saved for later

5. i always try to break those dank nuggets up "just enough" that the bowl burns evenly and is easily cherried, but if you over bust them it seems like a lot of thc sticks to your fingers.

6. Basically, using scissors or your hands youre going to just lose a little kief. A grinder with a screen will take off more kief but also store it (so you could hypothetically just add it to your bowl). If you use a grinder and then dip your bowl right inside you lose virtually 0 weed.